Tuesday, August 24, 2004

The Passenger In The Seat

Normally I don't post like to post lyrics on my blog because no need one's going to bother to really read them when you can just listen to the song. Most of the lyrics that are put up are popular songs anyway, so most people already know it. However, I found a song that was so nice I had to put it up. The lyrics are so nice and simple, yet tells a story that's so meaningful.


Passenger Seat
by Stephen Speaks

I look at her and have to smile
As we go driving for a while
her hair blowing in the open window of my car
and as we go the traffic lights,
watch them glimmer in her eyes
In the darkness of the evening

And I've got all that I need
Right here in the passenger seat
Oh and I can't keep my eyes on the road
Knowing that she's inches from me

We stop to get something to drink
my mind pounds and I can't think
scared to death to say I love her
then the moon peeks from the clouds
I hear my heart that beats so loud
try to tell her simply...

That I've got all the I need
Right here in the passenger seat
Oh and I can't keep my eyes on the road
Knowing that she's inches from me

And I've got all that I need
Right here in the passenger seat


Try to get the song and listen to it. I have the accoustic version and I like the simple and clean feel to the song. The only criticism I have about that song is that the story has no ending. Still, I like the way how the songwriter expresses his feelings by saying how the passenger seat has become so meaningful, all because of the person that's seated there. That's quite a nice way of saying how much a person means to you.

I've always said that when going to watch a movie, the person you're going to watch it with is much more important than the movie itself. If the person is important to you, the activity becomes insignificant compared to the time you spend together. And that's what people important to us do. They bring meaning to certain things and affect us in ways other people can't. Like the Hoobastank song. They bring meaning to our lives and become the reason how we can go on living in this messed up world. And when people like that gone, you feel a certain sense of loss that can't be replaced no matter what.

It's precisely how people bring meaning into our lives that we cannot live without them. Everybody needs someone. Friends, husbands, wives, fathers, mothers, sons, daughters, siblings, boyfriends, girlfriends. Other people bring meaning to our lives, and without them our lives would be empty and meaningless. Sort of like having a nice, big house and swimming pool, but without anyone to enjoy it with.

It kind of makes you think, who are the people that bring meanining to your life?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home