Sunday, August 15, 2004

Nokia 5140

Finally an entry after a long time. I haven't been blogging because there hasn't been anything interesting to blog about and I've trying to complete my Internet Computing assignment which is so troublesome.

What's so hard about this assignment isn't the level of difficulty, it's just that we haven't been taught what to do! They didn't really teach us how to code in XML and yet expect us to complete an assignment. It doesn't help that the teacher himself is clueless when we ask him questions. Anyway, sometimes things have a way of working themselves out, as I say, and I managed to complete most of the assignment already.

Talking about assigments, I was doing research for another assigment and I've finally a phone good enough to replace my current 3310. For me, I won't change my phone if I'm content with it unless I really really have to. I'm content with my 3310 now, but it's going to get obselete and useless soon, so I've got to find a replacement. So here it is!




It's the Nokia 5140!

The problem is, it isn't out yet and it's only going be available in the USA first. Maybe I'll ask my parents to get it for me when they move there next year. Haha. It's a really cool phone. Just look at some of it's functions.

Integrated VGA Camera
-Resolution up to 640 x 480
-Self timer function (10 sec)
-Phone display used as a viewfinder
-Standard, portrait, and night modes
-Sequental shot: up to 5 pictures
-Gallery for storing video clips, audio clips, images, ringing tones, and graphics
-3 image quality options: High, normal, basic.
-Video player and recorder: H.263 format

Phone Features for Active User
-Stereo FM radio
-Flashlight
-Thermometer
-Stopwatch
-Countdown timer
-Decibel meter

-Personal shortcuts
-Timed profiles (incl. 2 My Styles)
-Alarm clock
-Radio as alarm clock alert
-Extensive calendar with busy view of the week, improved notes view for each day, snooze on calendar alarm
-Notes
-To-do list (up to 30 entries)
-Automatic key guard
-Wallet
-WIM (Wireless Identity Module)
-Wallpaper: Full-screen color image
-Changeable color schemes
-Calculator

View 3D Demo here.
(Source: Nokia 5140 Phone)

It's a camera and video phone, has a built in flashlight, with GPRS, radio, compass, radio, thermometer, countown timer, stopwatch and even a decibel meter! And the buttons are big enough for quick smsing! Most of the phone nowdays are small and nice, but the buttons are way to small for sending text messages quick. So this phone is exactly what I need! I think it's going be quite a hit, so if it does, remember you heard here first. Haha.

Alright, time to finish up my troublesome assignment. Later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home