Wednesday, July 28, 2004

A Long Day

Man. It's been a long day. Well, not really. I only had 4 hours of lessons but it sure felt long. What's more, I ended at 6pm because on Wednesdays I have my stupid Java programming classes. Well, It's 6:25pm right now and I'm in still in the classroom because I'm feeling a bit lazy to pack up and leave. So I thought why not blog a bit.

Today I was late for my Internet Computing lecture because I was too busy fighting Psycho Mantis last night and I thought I was going to get marked absent again. Fortunately, my class always has this habit of helping others mark their attendance on the attendance sheet. So I wasn't absent after all! And I even even know who helped me. When I asked my friend, she just told me that someone had helped mark everyone present, so I didn't ask any more. LoL~

I got a bit pissed during my programming class today because of my lousy teacher. Now because I was absent for 2 weeks, I was totally clueless today during the practical lesson and the teacher hardly helped me at all. One conversation went like this:

Teacher: "So how's it coming along?"

Me: "I don't really know, so I'm just reading the notes now."

Teacher: "Why don't you just do the getter and setter part first?"

Me: "Teacher, how ah? I not quite sure how."

Teacher: "Oh no. How are you going to continue like this?"

That's when I got irritated. Isn't it the teacher's job to help clear the student's doubts? Yet when I had one, he just brushed me off as if it was my fault. Even if it was my fault, at least he could refer me to a section in the book so I would read it up on my own and understand. In the end all I got was a shake of the head and no help at all. Total crap is what I say. No wonder so many people fail this module. I just bought the textbook today it's like 3 cm thick, it costs $33 which I think is a total waste of money.

In my experience here in poly, the thicker the book, the more useless it is. I don't know why, but it's always been like that. Haha.

Alright, I've gotta go now. The cleaning ladies are here and driving me away. Later.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jin
Whoa.. Actually its kinda hard to teach programming.. Cuz its like picking up a new language and attempting to learn it from a book is really isnt easy! In fact, I didnt study my notes for my basic cprogramming.. Fortunately the lecturer was very patient with us during the lab lessons. I guess she understands that not alot(and i mean ALOT) can pick up programming just through plain reading of notes/textbooks.. Since ur lecture is such a jerk... have to ask ur frens then! Anyway, good luck! this stupid comment is way too long.. hahaha

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe
If Teacher=jerk
kickhisass();
else
null;

If blur
findJJ();
else
null;

O crap i'm bored and i forgotten my java codes. lol. Take care bro~

12:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*hurhurhur* Maybe you can ask me if you need help. BUT if it's OOP, then some parts I may not know =x Because from how you put it, it seems to be OOP. -_-" But i'll try to help...

=)

Don't get pissed over such things. Maybe there's some misunderstandings or what... =)

-XinHui-

8:40 PM  
Blogger Zen|th said...

Haha. Thanks Xinhui. Don't worry, I think I'll be able to cope somehow. It's OOP, so I can ask the java pro master, JJ. LoL~

You're right Jin, it's really hard to teach programming cause it's a totally different kind of thing. Wish I had a teacher like yours. =P

12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home