Wednesday, March 02, 2005

It's All Over

Phew. It's finally over. My Final Year Project is done. Actually I have a report still left to do, but that won't be as hard.

Have you heard of the saying,"Everything that can go wrong, will go wrong”? I was afraid that was going to happen on the Monday which was the deadline so I tried to upload my project on Saturday. However, I still had to do some massive adjustments on Saturday so I wasn't able to upload it. Sunday is always a rest day for me, so I had no choice but to upload it on Monday.

Remember my previous entry saying that I only had to do 2 more tasks before I could upload my project? I was dead wrong. When I opened my project that Monday morning on my laptop, there were several errors. I didn't know what happened since it was working pretty well on Saturday.

So I tried to fix the bugs and it took me 2 hours. The reason it took me so long is because my laptop is as fast as a snail. Literally. Whenever I complied and ran my project to test it out, it took 5 whole minutes to load.

I finally managed to upload it 5 minutes from the 12 noon deadline. I forgot to put in a readme file, but I couldn't be bothered anymore.

I had my project demo scheduled yesterday morning and I think it went pretty well. At first I was a bit nervous because I arrived exactly at 11am and didn't have time to set up. So having the 2 markers sitting there, watching me as I set up my laptop to the projector was quite nerve wrecking.

I got over the nervousness soon because I kept telling myself that there's only an audience of 2 and that they weren't concerned on how I spoke; they were more interested in how my project worked. The presentation went quite well. There weren't any error messages shown and everything worked the way it was supposed to.

The 2nd marker pointed out a few of my project's weaknesses and I answered by saying how I would rectify those weaknesses. After the demo, my supervisor (who was 1 of the 2 markers) said that the demo went quite alright. And while my project wasn't the best, it wasn't the worse either. In other words it was a pass.

I was so glad when he said the word "pass". Because I didn't care what the grade was for my project just as long as it was a pass.

So here I am, free at last. It's time to whip out the PS2 and get back to some gaming! :)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha..well *congrats* on ur pass! =)And haf fun with de PS2!

5:57 PM  
Blogger Lam's Creation said...

Heh Heh Heh ... the sweet taste of FREEDOM !!! I so envious man ...

10:09 AM  
Blogger Lam's Creation said...

Hey Zen|th

Msg bounced from your mailbox:

This is the Postfix program at host blogger.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to [postmaster]

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The Postfix program

[zenithsequence@hotmail.com]: host mx4.hotmail.com[65.54.253.230] said: 550

Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable (in reply to RCPT TO command)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; zenithsequence@hotmail.com
Action: failed
Status: 5.0.0
Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; host mx4.hotmail.com[65.54.253.230] said: 550

Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable (in reply to RCPT TO command)

10:32 AM  
Blogger Zen|th said...

Dawn & ningx: Thanks! I sure will. :)

Bubblemunche: Yeah, it's time to play and whoop some bad guys. Haha.

Lam: I get that email lots of times too. It happens whenever I leave comments on other people's blog. But everything seems to work just alright.

Powerpuff: A rest day must always be a rest day. It's good to have one day set aside to relax. It refreshes me again for the week. Haha.

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home