Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Sickness and Motivation

The weekend didn't really go well for me because I stuck at home on both Saturday and Sunday with food poisoning.

Halfway through the Everton-Man Utd game, I suddenly rushed to the toilet and without thinking, stupidly opted to puke my guts out in the sink instead of the toilet bowl. Just like her. So my sink ended up getting clogged. There was no plunger around, so I tried to fix it with my hand inside a plastic bag, but that didn't work.

The next morning I woke up with a slight fever and headache but my body was aching all over for some reason. So I just stayed home the entire day again, watching TV, blog hopping and doing everything except my project.

The Final Year Project deadline is already next Monday and everybody's panicking and rushing like crazy to get their work done. As for me, I think I've already completed 68% of my project and I'm planning to finish the rest today. But as you can see, it's almost 5pm now and that's not happening.

I just lack the motivation to do certain things. There’s a lack of drive and determination. Especially with things that I don't like doing and that have no interest in at all. Some people can find the motivation and drive to push themselves day after day, doing something that they wish they didn't have to do, and I have no idea how they can do that.

But I realize that I'm going to learn to have to adapt because that's what it's going to be like working in the future. No one likes going to work. But we all have to do it because we need the money to survive. No work means no money.

In life, everybody falls into either one of these 2 groups.


Those that work to live

and

those that live to work.


Unfortunately majority of us fall into the first group which is why life is so crappy. If only we liked what we were doing and got paid for it, work wouldn't be such a dreadful thing to face every Monday morning.

Man... I'm starting to get sleepy now. I think it's time to take an afternoon nap.

What about the project? Bah, I'll do it later.

Update: Always wanted to share this hiliarious link but I always forgot. So check this out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Zen|th said...

Sari Party Girl: I sure will drop by! :)

Bubblemunche: I've recovered already, thanks. Yep, in fact I'm doing my project right. Only 4 days left. Die die..

4:52 PM  
Blogger Cowboy Caleb said...

or you could work for kicks

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home