Monday, June 14, 2004

Lacking Sleep

I had only 8 hours of sleep for the past 2 days and I'm feeling quite stoned now. But I'm feeling much better than I expected. I thought I'd be walking zombie, but I'm still quite awake and able to function.

Last night the match between England and France was a dramatic one. I wanted England to win and they were leading all the way until the 90th minute. Then France scored from a freekick. 1-1 after 91 minutes. A draw would be still good, I thought. Then England did something stupid. No, Steven Gerrard did something stupid. He passed back the ball to the goalkeeper without looking and put Theirry Henry through on goal. David James had no choice but to foul Henry for a penalty and Zidane scored again from the penalty spot.

Naturally I was a bit pissed that England lost just like that. I support England, but I don't mind any other team winning the Euro Championship just as long as it's not France. But still, if you do stupid things like that, then you deserve to lose. If you shoot yourself in the foot, don't complain. See la, stupid Liverpool player costing England the game. LoL~

This morning I was standing in the crowded MRT on the way to work and I looked around and observed people cause I didn't wanna fall asleep. Then I looked around a spotted a few guys standing up with closed eyes, trying to catch some sleep. And if you looked closely, you could see they had tired eyes and eye bags. Haha. Needless to say they watched the England-France also. They looked really tired and sleep deprivied.

I don't think I looked as bad as them though. I looked in the mirror this morning and I didn't see any eye bags. I did have a bit of dark rings around my eyes though. But it wasn't as bad as eye bags and I could look like Gaara at the same time! Haha.



Pictures from Anime2k.net and Logic Society

Gaara is a charcater in the Naruto anime who has insomnia because of a demon that is inside him. Gaara can't sleep at night or else the demon will slowly eat away his personality and replace with his own. As a result he was dark rings around his eyes from insomnia and emotionally unstable.

If don't get enough sleep I might start to look like him! Haha. It's starting to get close to lunchtime now, so I'll do a bit of work and then update again later! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home