Wednesday, July 06, 2005

More Like Boring

Sorry for the lack of posts recently. I've been kind of busy this past week or rather, I haven't had the time and opportunity to sit down in front of the computer and write an entry.

Last week I went to watch A Lot Like Love. From what I heard, it was a movie that many people wanted to catch, after they saw the trailer. And I'll admit that I was one of those people too.

According to the reviews in the papers, this movie was rated quite poorly. Most of the reviews gave 2 or at most 2.5 stars out of 5. And you know what, those reviews were right.

When you catch the trailer, the main thing that captures your attention is the storyline. The intriguing story of 2 people meeting out of chance and becoming friends and then falling for each other at the worst possible moment.

Sad to say however, the storyline fails miserably. Everything happens as expected without any twists in the plot. Well, you may say there's one twist towards the end that enables our 2 lovers to get together, but it's so easy to anticipate that I wouldn't call it a twist at all.

The second attraction, of course, is the comedy. Unfortunately as well, the jokes and scenes weren't really that funny. The level of comedy hardly goes beyond what you see in the trailers. I didn't laugh out loud that many times and neither did anyone else in the cinema. For me, it fails miserably in these 2 areas and that's why it's such a disappointing movie.

So what I recommend is, just wait for the VCD to come out and then borrow it from someone. It's not even worth spending money on. At least I watched it on a weekday and saved myself $2.



More like boring

8 Comments:

Blogger KwokSiong said...

haha, you helped me save 10 bucks. almost wanted to go and watch...

8:52 PM  
Blogger Ang Ku Kueh said...

ehehe....romance movies not for me!

11:38 AM  
Blogger Jankliciouz said...

i know what u mean.. heh heh... i watched it already. it wasn't that good after all. Wasted money, and i watched it on a weekend! Gosh. So disappointed.

xoxo Jank

1:36 PM  
Blogger fiona said...

catch Be with you or Crying out love from the centre of the universe if you want something really romantic =)

4:45 PM  
Blogger potpourri said...

Can fight with Initial D man. Ok i admit that its a feminine biased opinion. =)

3:18 AM  
Blogger Claris said...

im deprived of movies! therefore i nv watch alot like love.

i heard be with you is very good. :)

watch tt with ur super lovable gf.

10:27 PM  
Blogger Zen|th said...

Kwoksiong: Glad to be of help. =)

Ang Ku Kueh: Why not? Romance movies are good from time to time.

Jank: That's too bad. I should have blogged about this earlier. =(

Fiona: Alright, I'll keep those movies in mind. =)

Mr Moron: That's right. AManda Peet is quite ugly I think. Actually I didn't watch it with my super lovable girlfriend. Hahaha..

Green Apple: My next entry is going to be on the Initial D movie! Haha.

Claris: Watching movies is a very good way to relax. Be sure to catch a movie soon.

3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site...
» » »

6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home