Sunday, May 29, 2005

Fat Burgers

Remember I mentioned that America was the land of obesity? I tell you, it's all down to the food. True to what everyone says, the servings here are HUGE! Just take a look at these burgers.

Now I'm sure everyone's heard of Paris Hilton's infamous burger commercial for Carl's Jr. You haven't? Come on, what are you waiting for? But... just make sure your boss or mother isn't walking around first alright?

Enough digression. Anyway,I didn't try the spicy burger but I did try this:


Well worth the 6 dollars

I was very hungry when I ordered that burger. And even though I hadn't eaten for over 12 hours(I had an early dinner the night before and skipped breakfast), I barely finished eating it. Halfway through, it felt like I was in a food eating contest forcing myself to finish my 25th burger. If I hadn't skipped breakfast that morning, I'm sure I wouldn't have finished yet. And when I finally did, it kept me full for another 7 hours.

So moving on to burger no 2, it's my favourite one. In N Out's Double Double Meal.



Tastes good with onions


It costs around 6 dollars too and has 2 beef patties, but the patties aren't as big as the 1 Lb Burger. I had no problems finishing it unlike the previous burger because it tasted so good. Also, their fries are really good and I would say that only McDonald's fries are better. If you ever go to the US, be sure to try out this meal. =)

And finally here's the last burger. It's Wendy's Classic Triple with Cheese. Take a look.



How do you take a bite?


3 beef patties one after the other? How do you even start eating? Do you try to open your mouth as big as you can and take a bite? I doubt that because unless you're a snake with detacable jaws, there's no way you're going to get a biteful out of that. Don't ask me either because I've never ordered it. I just saw the commercial on tv. Perhaps I'll try it before I leave.

Just looking at those 3 burgers, it's no wonder why everybody here is so fat. Even the birds. And did I mention that for almost all the restaurants and fast food outlets here the drinks are re-fillable?

So the tendancy is that as long as you remain in the restaurant having a conversation, you'll be re-filling your coke or sprite whenever it runs out. Then you'll re-fill it one more time before you leave, even though you're not thirsty.



Give me food

And before you know it, you start looking like Bart Simpson in the picture.



Starting young is the best way


That's why I say that everbody who goes to America gets fat.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jayaxe said...

What did I say about not visiting your blog arund dinnertime? I broke the rule this time and you made me damn hungry!!!

But I guess it's not a problem if you have it once in a long while. Though you probably can't help it if you're really living there.

But have you tried the locally available Ramly burger by the way? If so, how would it have compared to any of these burgers?

8:05 PM  
Blogger malmoncolo said...

I think America would be a nice place for me....i like the looks of those burgers...

10:02 PM  
Blogger Jankliciouz said...

hahaha... omg.. talking about burgers... *drools*
Haven't had one in like, close to a yr.. hahaha...



xoox Jank

11:51 PM  
Blogger Zen|th said...

Jayaxe: I tried the Ramly burger already. It's more delicious than some of the burgers here but it can't compare in terms of size.

Malmoncolo: Yep. I'm sure you'd love eating those burgers. Haha.

jank: you haven't eaten a burger for so long? Then it's time you ate one already. =)

12:39 AM  
Blogger fiona said...

BLOGGERS CONVENTION!!! WOOHOO !! lets go together okay ! provided that we get invited of course. LOL ! oh btw whenever i crave for burgers.. its got to be a RAMLY burger !! Damn . high in cholesterol and probably bloody unhygienic but who cares ?!

1:54 AM  
Blogger brama said...

My favorite would be IN & OUT double double .... It's simply out of this world!

I'm still craving for one here .... unless I'm gung-ho to drive down south for 741.2 miles to the nearest outlet.

2:03 AM  
Blogger Zen|th said...

fiona: I won't mind going. =) Usually the food that are totally unhealthy always taste the best.

Anna: Why is the nearest In-N-Out so far away?

4:57 AM  
Blogger Zen|th said...

Melissa: I'm not sure if that's him. I just googled "eating burgers" and that cute picture came up. That's going to be one fat boy in the future. Hahaha.

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home