Thursday, May 19, 2005

Food On The Otherside Of The World

I've been busy these past 2 days. My father recently bought a nice, big second hand bed and some cupboards at a great bargain. So after we bought it and put it in the garage for the night, we had to go about setting the whole bed up.

The troublesome part was that the master bedroom was on the 2nd level and we had to bring up everything one by one. Even though there were 3 of us(my father, brother and me), it wasn't easy getting 2 huge cupboards and a bed up a narrow stairway. After all the moving, there were a few dents along the walls. (Next time I'll try to put up a picture of the bed cupboards to give everyone a better idea) And even before we did all the moving, we had to re-arrange the bed and furniture that were in the rooms.

After 2 days we finally finished everything. I was getting sick and tired of moving and carrying pieces of wood everywhere. If you ask me, getting the bed and cupboards in the first place was a bad idea because I didn't see the need to change anything. Everything was nice and neat when I arrived. I felt that it was a case of going through all the trouble for nothing. Like the saying goes, "If it isn't broken, why fix it?"

Anyway, I'm just glad all the moving and carying is over.

Aside from missing my super lovable girlfriend, I'm starting to miss the food back in Singapore. My cravings started to get even stronger when my super lovable girlfriend mentioned to me that she had just eaten prata for supper.



I think I almost started to drool at that point. And suddenly another picture came into my mind.



Man... The first thing when I get back, I'm going to eat some Prata and Hokkien Mee.

13 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

For me, I'll whack char kway teow. Plus extra extra extra see-harm.

6:23 PM  
Blogger Ellipsis said...

but that picture of the prata...I've never seen prata looking so crisp in photographs. made me drool too.

7:02 PM  
Blogger popglamour said...

oh now you know how i feel. everyday i dream about decent chicken rice, prata, satay, oyster omelette.... the list goes on!

7:03 PM  
Blogger Jayaxe said...

The Cheenatown there no good? Or no Cheenatown? But yes, I can almost safely say there's no pratas or hokkien mee in ang mo's Chinatowns.

9:14 PM  
Blogger Zen|th said...

Lancerlord: Oh yeah. I'll definitely eat that when I get back too.

ball.of.yarn: You know, the prata at The Roti Prata House along Thompson Road looks as good as the one in the picture.

Cheryl: Yep. I totally understand how you feel. LoL~

Jayaxe: I haven't been to Chinatown. But even if they do sell Pratas or Hokkien Mee, it wouldn't taste as good.

2:42 AM  
Blogger brama said...

For me, it has to be pratas too. That's what I ate non-stop daily, while back in Spore for holiday. There isn't really pratas in Southern California. The ones sold - roti canai - are usually not quite the same.

3:11 PM  
Blogger kachuaz said...

i want my pig organ soup ah~~

plus teh tarek

5:41 PM  
Blogger Sky said...

Oh well, you have to bear with the pizzas and chips until u get back to Singapore, haha.

2:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Aiyo! You sound really deprived in US and i am so hoping to go there! Guess there is so cheap and i want to buy buy buy! Land at airport then go meet the gf, eat the prata and hokkien mee and be the happiest man on earth.

5:11 AM  
Blogger Zen|th said...

Anna: Roti Canai? I've never heard of it before. Wouldn't mind trying it though.

Kachauz: Pig organ soup.. I used to eat that during lunch back in school.

Melissa: Yeah. I don't get why they don't have chilli sauce. I almost asked for chilli sauce over the counter. LoL~

Sky: Looks like I have no choice. I don't mind the pizza though. I like Pizza. :)

5:12 AM  
Blogger Zen|th said...

One Little Twit: Online so early in the morning? I'm sure you'll enjoy the malls here. Lots of stuff to see and buy. I'm not a shopping kind of person and even I enjoy going around the malls. And yep, I'm going do just as you've said. =)

6:40 AM  
Blogger Ang Ku Kueh said...

Hi hi!
Been catching up on your blog recently and reading all back entries. i think it's pretty sweet the way you call your girlfriend. :) ahaha...great blog!

2:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's not the waking up early .. its the problem of sleeping really late. Look at the time i am commenting. Fucking 5 am and i am still as energetic as a cow!

5:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home