Sunday, May 01, 2005

The Greatest Riddle Of All Time

I got this question in an email recently. I cracked my head for a while but couldn't come up with an answer. So here's the question.


Imagine you are in Africa. You have been tied hanging on a tree with a rope anchored on the ground, a candle is slowly burning the rope, and the lion is waiting for you to drop and be his lunch. Your survival hinges on the rope staying intact, there is no one around to help you. The only possible way is to somehow convince the lion to BLOW the candle out.

How do you do that? Check out the 1st picture first and think before going to the 2nd picture.



It's a matter of life and death.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Think harder

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

And the answer is:


That's how you do it.



So did you get the correct answer? If you did, CONGRATULATIONS! You are now officially LAME.

15 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Damn! I thought this was a serious question! Thanks for making my brain work for 5 minutes. :)

8:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brrrr... Is it me or it's cold... I thought only TS aka Hamsome aka TSnake aks Sky can do that.. :P

9:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wahahaha the lion is a genius!

11:20 PM  
Blogger Zen|th said...

lancerlord: I told you it was the greatest riddle of all time. =)

h3lix: I cannot be as cold as the LAME ONE la. Haha. Maybe he was the one who circulated this email.

fish: Yeah. The lion is this scenario is a genius as he understands english and the practice of blowing out a candle at the end of the birthday song.

2:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you made me waste many many braincells.

2:20 AM  
Blogger brama said...

That's a good one! I didn't even think of it.

11:20 AM  
Blogger Jayaxe said...

Wah liew, damn lame!!! I also thought it's really an IQ question. Damn, I'm going to ask this to unsuspecting people...

2:25 PM  
Blogger Mr. G said...

Theres a typo in the post's title. You actually meant "The Lamest Riddle of All Time. "

2:25 PM  
Blogger limegreenspyda said...

wahlau... i actually thought for quite a long while!
then the next qn is how to get yourself down from the tree. :)

3:08 PM  
Blogger Zen|th said...

FF: At least you managed to exercise your brain for a while. =P

anna: Don't worry, no one thought of such an answer too.

jayaxe: It's fun asking unsuspecting people and watching them tear their hair out trying to find the answer.

indian stallion: Hahaha. You're right.

limegreenspyda: Yeah. That was the next question I was thinking about too.

1:09 AM  
Blogger Claris said...

HAHA! I love this sort of lame question, 'qian bian wen da ti'. :)

5:16 PM  
Blogger Lam's Creation said...

Any more ?

12:46 AM  
Blogger Ellipsis said...

I'm glad I didn't think and went straight to the bottom of the post.

6:25 PM  
Blogger Zen|th said...

Claris: Haha. You must be filled with lameness too. =P

Lam's Creation: Nah. No more. I can be lame at times, but not all the time. =D

Sari Party Girl: Hmm.. Maybe you could cook the lion instead.. =)

ball.of.yarn: Ah.. You're the real smart guy.

12:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually got it after about 3 seconds. And i was thinking "Hmm... lion must also be one year old".


I've got a riddle too!

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home