Wednesday, April 13, 2005

In Between

Now that the holidays have finally started, my sleeping habits have been changing. I used to sleep around 2am in the past, now I'm sleeping at 5am. So right now my day usually begins at 1pm when I wake up and ends at 5 in the morning.

Now that I've graduated from Poly, I'm just enjoying slacking around while I still can. Once I'm working, I won't be able to play my PS2 and go out as often anymore.

To tell the truth, I'm a bit afraid of going out into the working world. I'm not even sure what I want to do. Even though my course is in IT, I don't want to work along that line. And it's an idea some of my classmates share as well. After doing my Final Year Project, the idea of having to work 9 to 5 everyday, looking into a computer screen isn't something that I want. Besides, my IT skills aren't that good anyway. All my grades were along the standard of Cs and Ds.

Bah. I don't know what to do. But I guess I'll give it some time and see how it goes.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jayaxe said...

This is what I call the post-poly crisis which I had before too. I was like sleeping from 4am to 4pm which made me feel guilty now even if it was rather enjoyable then!

As for choosing the job you work in, it's not neccessary that you must work in an IT company, I guess. Places like banks may need IT experts to keep up their network or something. Quite interesting mah, duncha think?

By the way, results don't mean a lot really. Serious. It's the effort put into work (plus the knowledge you managed to keep inside your brain - which I hardly do!).

6:30 AM  
Blogger Laughingcow said...

Now that study break has started, I've been waking up at dinner time and sleeping at... well, I'm not asleep yet. =\

8:05 AM  
Blogger Lam's Creation said...

If you're seriously thinking of working, remember that employers also look out for a good attitude.

On the other hand, wonder if you can afford to further your studies ? It helps significantly to be armed with a degree ...

10:00 AM  
Blogger Claris said...

exactly! same sentimentals shared gerome.. i duno what to do also.. i got no $ to go uni.. im afraid of working world coz im nt armed with good IT skills. :( die la. do wad? wash toilet bowl

11:06 PM  
Blogger brama said...

your day and night switched? sounds like fun to me. But probably not very long, so enjoy while you can.

Don't worry about whether you are suitable to do IT. Just apply and start working. Any job to give you work experience. You probably need one year of work before you know what you really want to do. (Some pple- maybe forever)

12:52 AM  
Blogger Zen|th said...

Jayaxe: Wah. 4am to 4pm. That's even better than me. Haha.


Laughingcow: Waking up at dinner time? Wow, your internal clock has totally switched. Haha.


Lam's Creation: Good attitude.. I'll keep that in mind. I need to pay off my bond, that's why I need to work now.

Claris: Haha. We're both in the same boat. Don't worry, I wash toilet bowl with you. Haha.

Anna: I guess that's true. Hopefully I'll be able to know what I really want to do soon. =)

1:16 AM  
Blogger pHuAyx said...

WAH... U same as mi lah..!! My grads oso all cows n donkeys.. =(

And yea, i hate to stare into the comp n try to debug the codes all the time as well.. *haix* But, what to do, already got a dip in IT field.. U've only got IT.. unless ur grades are like super good, then can at least like chng course.. *sigh*

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home