Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Send Me

With the death of the Pope last Sunday, I've been watching CNN quite regularly. And with all the images of the priests, cardinals and bishops, I couldn't help but remember this from bash.org.


[jeebus] the "bishop" came to our church today
[jeebus] he was a ****** impostor
[jeebus] never once moved diagonally


Last time I used to get most of my music from MIRC. I forgot which channel I would to go, but I would always log on in the morning because traffic was low and there was no need to wait in queue.

But ever since some authority started to clamp down and IRC started dying, I have no more source for my music. And what it made it worse was that my laptop died some time last year, and along with it, my 1200+ songs. So after I got my laptop back, the only way I could get music was from my friends. The only problem with this method is that it's very troublesome. Your friend has to be online at the same time, you have to check with him if he/she has the songs that you want.. etc.

And while everyone has moved on to cable and broadband, I'm still using a lousy 56K connection. So even if I did find someone who was willing to send me songs, it would be painstakingly slow for both sides. What's more, I heard recently that the authorities are starting to monitor internet traffic as well to catch more people to share files online.

Howver, my friend suggested a new way of sending songs. Via Gmail. It's a good way of making use of the 1GB space they provide and it's more convenient as both you can upload and download the song in your own time. I don't think you'll be caught too, as long as you zip up the files that you send over.

So if anybody has any good songs from any genre, please send it to zenithsequence@gmail.com . I need some good music to listen to as I blog. =)

7 Comments:

Blogger lest-i-forget said...

dude, you might wanna check out my reviews for some music...eh i think you've seen it right?

http://ahdokboy.blogspot.com/2005/03/best-of-20032004.html

Might give you a few ideas....

12:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha we still could go school and use their network to share right :p haha

2:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You've got mail.

12:13 PM  
Blogger Jayaxe said...

You are not alone, and you'll be surprised to know that one of my senior engineers is still using mysingtel (free internet - only need to pay toll charges)!

9:21 PM  
Blogger Zen|th said...

ahdokboy: I read that entry. I'm actually looking for some songs from those albums.

h3lix: Yeah. I'm thinking of going back to school and using their network sometime. I still have their wireless card. Wahaha.

lancerlord: Thanks a lot for the tips. Now I have more than 1 source for music. =)

jayaxe: I was actually using mysingtel in the past. Hahaha.

5:51 AM  
Blogger Claris said...

send me too! my source of mp3 also died-ed. stupid IP law.. yahoo going to upgrade to 1GB too. :) but still, 250mb is quite alot. send me zen|th!

5:59 PM  
Blogger stoned.nerd said...

Gmail's now on 2gb.

anyway another method would be via www.yousendit.com

some kind soul uploads it, sends a link to your email and you downloads it at your pleasure.

maybe more for those who doesnt have a gmail. as yet.

will send you one later. my fav song all time :)

3:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home