Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Glad To Be Back

Phew. The report's done and finally submitted. Thanks for the encouragement everyone. It was nice to check back and read some of the comments you all left. Sad to say though, I submitted the report 2 days late. I just couldn't complete it in time and I decided to take the 5 marks a day penalty to finish it up.

The day of the deadline (Monday), I tried a last gasp attempt to get an extension by sending an email saying I was sick, but my supervisor said that he couldn't grant me an extension based on my email alone. So I replied that I couldn't get an MC because I was sick on Sunday, and that since I was already alright, there was no point in getting an MC. Although I didn't get an extension, I'm hoping that he'll give me more sympathy marks on his side, since 20% of the report grade is based on his judgment of my understanding of the project. Hmm.. I hope he doesn't read this.

My report was only 69 pages long, which paled in comparison to some of my friends. Claris had 160 pages while Tian Kheng and Tian Shun had close to 200 pages. Why the huge difference? It was because their appendix way, way outnumbered mine. My appendix was only around 30 pages long, while Tian Kheng's storyboards alone reached 20+ pages. I really couldn't be bothered to do any documentation after the FYP demo, so I just made due with whatever documentation I already had.

Quite a few things happened that were worth blogging about during my short absence, so I'll probably blog about them soon. Anyway, it's nice to be back and reading everyone's blogs again. :)

7 Comments:

Blogger Jahalang said...

haha... yeahz... the fyp is finally over.. wanna join us for a trip to JB on monday ?

8:11 PM  
Blogger Zen|th said...

Wah. JB ah. In whose car? Who's going? I don't think I can go though. Haha.

9:34 PM  
Blogger Jahalang said...

lol.. just a half day trip to JB... go there shopping and walk around in City Square..

10:03 PM  
Blogger Jayaxe said...

Many tend to think that quantity can impress a project supervisor more. No, I'd say.

Not to mean that those who put in effort to compile a huge report wasted their time, but it's the quality that counts really.

10:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Now time to relax. Chill.

11:10 PM  
Blogger fiona said...

what course are u in !?

2:35 AM  
Blogger Zen|th said...

Jahalang: Nah. I don't think I can make it.

Jayaxe: That's true. Hopefully I have enough quality to make up for the lack of quantity.

Lancerlord: I'm enjoying it while it lasts. :)

soccersalvaged: I didn't want to miss the deadline too, but I was too tired to do the report after the tournament on Saturday.

fiona: I'm from Multimedia Computing. Are you in NP too?

4:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home