Friday, April 01, 2005

A Bus Ride

On my way home today, I was feeling kind of tired and hoping for an air con bus to come along, but as my luck would have it, a non air con one came instead. So I went to the upper deck as usual and tried to find a seat.

All the inner seats were taken as I walked towards the rear. I wanted to get a seat at the last row of seats, but when I got there the entire row was filled, but there were 2 empty outer seats at the second last rows. One on my right and one on my left.

One of the things I have learnt when taking the bus is that when one faces this particular decision of choosing a seat on the bus, it is important to choose carefully as the seat you choose will determine your level of comfort for the rest of the journey. If the journey is a long one, the importance of the decision becomes even greater. After all, you wouldn't want to spend the rest of the journey with someone occupying 3/4 of the seat, pushing you off the seat every time the bus turns left and have people keep knocking into your shoulder whenever they alight.

So I took a quick moment to analyze my 2 potential seat mates. Both of them were sleeping rather peacefully so they didn't see me taking a quick look at them. The person seated on my right this guy who was rather fat plump, while the other one on my left was this rather cute looking girl.





Naturally, there wasn't much consideration to be done. I immediately took the seat on my left, the obvious reason being that the girl was cute there was more space for me to sit. More space = more comfort.

So there was I seated comfortably in my seat. The wind wasn't blowing in my face, there was nobody poking the back of my seat with their knees and my seat mate didn't have BO. Everything was going well and I was about to close my sleepy eyes when I felt a gentle push on my right shoulder.

Opening my eyes, I saw my cute seat mate's shoulder leaning on me. She must have been deep asleep, as her head bobbed up, down, left and right with every turn and bounce of the bus. And with every turn and bounce, I noticed her head slowly leaning closer and closer to my shoulder.

I started to think. Should I give her a gentle nudge to wake her up? Or should I just sit there and as the song goes, let it be? This time however, I wasn't able to make a decision. The next thing I knew, I felt a soft nudge land on top of my right shoulder.

I turned to look… and there was she was, sleeping on my shoulder. Her head was so close to my face that I could even smell the scent of her shampoo. At that point, I considered giving her a nudge to wake her up, but I thought, it's not every day that a cute girl sleeps on your shoulder she must have been really tired, so the least I could do was lend her my shoulder to sleep on.

And so that was how it stayed for the next half of my journey home. Strangely enough, she woke up one stop before I alighted and must have been embarrassed because she immediately changed her position as soon as she realised she was sleeping on my shoulder.

The moral of the story?



A very important lesson for everyone

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha i got the same thing as well but the girl choose to sit beside me :X lol

3:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

muahahaha.... Right choice!

I see the 'sleeping cutie' circle also shifted nearer to you.

6:53 AM  
Blogger Jayaxe said...

Did she drool? Huh? Huh? Even then, the drool must have been very sweet right? Hahaha

7:40 AM  
Blogger None said...

i would do the same as well...not because im deprived of such luxuries...but wat if i didn't take the seat and some lecherous perverted guy aimed for the seat beside her???

It would a great injustice!!
=D

12:17 PM  
Blogger lest-i-forget said...

ahahaha this is damn funny...the smily face on your last pic looks like a cheekopeh

12:26 PM  
Blogger Claris said...

ya loh! ur super lovable girlfriend will kill you!

Anyway, you are one lucky dude! i dont get to have ham sem dudes sitting beside me.. :(

3:23 PM  
Blogger FF said...

Is your name Peter?

3:40 PM  
Blogger Zen|th said...

H3lix: Wah so lucky! That means the girl picked you. Heh.

f|sh: If it was an ah ma, I'd probably nudge her. She might get a stiff neck if she sleeps on my shoulder. Haha.

Lancerlord: Well, she was the one who shifted closer. Not me. =)

Jayaxe: Actually I thought of that too. So I checked my shoulder after I alighted. It was dry. =D

Calm One: It was bus 74 around 8 or 9pm. That bus is always packed so you have to be smart to pick the right seat. That's if you can get a seat in the first place.

Ah 9: That's true. So it's up to guys like us to protect cute sleeping girls like her. =)

ahdokboy: No la. Not cheekopeh. Besides, if a pretty girl slept on your shoulder, you'll be smiling like that too. But not for long because your girlfriend would kill you soon after. Hahaha.

soccersalvaged/Claris: I told her about it already. And she just laughed. I asked her if she jealous and she said no. She found the entire incident hiliarious as well.

FF: Come on.. I don't carry post it notes with me and I'm sure I write better english than that guy. Haha.

1:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol well the bus was crowded and that seems like the only seat left so ya. Then on the way to work, (during my attachment) she was like slowly falling asleep and head moving inches to my shoulder and a soft thud resting on my shoulders. lol. It was awakard when she woke up and i don't know if she had really reach her stop because when she woke up, she press the bell and got off. Also notice her face kinda red. She's like maybe 5 years older then me? But that's not the point. She looks cute. :P

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh you lucky guy! I'd be grinning to myself all the way through the ride if that happened to me. =D

1:11 AM  
Blogger Zen|th said...

Bubblemunche: Just follow my tip of picking the right seat on the bus and I'm sure it'll eventually happen to you. =)

h3lix: Ah.. Looks like I'm not alone.

seth: I tried hard not to grin actually. Haha. Didn't want to look like a pervert.

2:00 AM  
Blogger Jankliciouz said...

haha... it happened to me before. The guy's head was heavy man. haha.


xoxo Jank

1:07 PM  
Blogger Vera said...

i once fell asleep in the bus.. and my head rested on the shoulder.. of an indian construction worker.. grrr

so pai seh..

1:46 PM  
Blogger beautifuk_ said...

LOL bloody good one, Zenith! Imagine if you had the poor taste to choose the seat next to the fat arse and he fell asleep on your shoulder. OOOoo.

6:47 PM  
Blogger Zen|th said...

jank: So did you give him a nudge? Haha.

fat fingers: Hahaha. He must have smiling the same way I was all throughout the journey. =)

ningx: I'm glad you're alright. Actually, if the girl was a fat one, I think might let her sleep on my shoulder too. But then again, I might not. I think I must be in the situation then can say.

jroeei: I just saw that on the bus home today. But one of them was a butch.

beautifuk: That's why I say. Picking the right seat is very important. =)

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home