Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Shopping And Beautiful Women

It's finally my last week here. I enjoyed myself here but I can't wait to get back.

Yesterday I went shopping with my family. I've never loved shopping. It's funny how I can run in a football match for 90 minutes but whenever I start shopping, my legs start to ache and I have to sit down every 15 minutes.

This time I was shopping for clothes for my super lovable girlfriend. And for the first time in my life, I actually enjoyed shopping. What made it even more extraordinary was that I was in the women's section for almost the whole time. Every time I saw a top or a skirt I would try and visualise her in it and ask myself if she would like it. I'm sure that a few women looked at me and wondered if I was a pervert or something, looking at denim skirts and pink tops so carefully.

When I got home, I was so tired that I immediately plonked myself into the bed and fell asleep without changing. Before you say, "That's gross", let me tell you that if there's one good thing in America aside from the food, the babes, the weather and the babes, it's that you can take a shower once every 3 days and still be fresh and clean. Really.

The amount of sweat that I've lost during my whole time here is equivalent to the amount lost when you're eating hokkien mee at Chomp Chomp or walking from the bus stop to your home. When you walk along the side walks in the afternoon, it feels like you're inside an air-conditioned building in Singapore.

Hmm.. Maybe that's another reason why people here get so fat easily. Beause they don't sweat at all.

Last night, they showed Miss Universe and I have to say, Miss Mexico is really, really, really pretty. She was the prettiest among the contestants. I'll post up a picture once the Miss Universe 2005 website is up again. Here's her picture.





I won't say who won since I heard they haven't shown it there yet but Miss Mexico was definitely prettier than her. And don't visit the Miss Universe website if you don't want to find out the winner yet because her picture is right there on the main page.

Alrighty. I'll end here. It's time for lunch.

10 Comments:

Blogger Laughingcow said...

When it was down to the final five, I was definitely rooting for Mexico. I thought her Q&A went well too! The rest were just so boring, er, I mean, politically perfect.

2:03 PM  
Blogger Ang Ku Kueh said...

I'm going NY soon for a vacation! I can't wait! i heard that they have all these warehouses where they stock big brands cheaply.

It's also very funny to know that u were actually shopping for ur GF...Aiyah...so sweet ah, cannot tahan! :)

3:39 PM  
Blogger Jayaxe said...

Oh yeah, that was good taste of you. But somehow she seems to look like a European, more like Russian looking.

7:22 PM  
Blogger Jankliciouz said...

I agree with you man.. Miss Russian is really pretty! haha...


xoxo Jank

7:37 PM  
Blogger Claris said...

shucks. if only im half pretty.

10:39 PM  
Blogger Zen|th said...

Melissa: Forever 21? I wanted to go into that place but I didn't have enough time. Maybe I'll go there today.

Laughingcow: I didn't like the question system they used because Miss Canada's question was way too easy and that's why she won.

ang ku kueh: You're going to NY? I want to go there too one of these days.

Jayaxe: Usually these beauty queens are mixed blood, so maybe she had some european blood in her.

Ningx: It's alright to be jealous. Everybody gets a bit jealous when they see such perfect bodies.

Jank: I agree. She should have won though.

Claris: Haha. Me too. =P

10:58 PM  
Blogger popglamour said...

i find that many guys go through sun and snow (i.e make the effort) to do all kinds of things specially for their girlfriends. which is kinda sweet =)

10:38 PM  
Blogger lest-i-forget said...

I definitely have to agree on the soccer-for-90-minutes-but-have-to-stop-every-15-mins-during-shopping part.

We suffer from shopperitis.

12:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

YAY for you. Can come back and find your super lovable girlfriend and eat PRATA and you find heaven.

1:39 AM  
Blogger Zen|th said...

soccersalvaged: I just hope that I made the right clothes selection for her. Haha.

Cheryl: I guess that's what boyfriends are there for. =)

ahdokboy: I know of some guys don't suffer from shopperitis though. Maybe those are the gay ones. LoL~

One Little Twit: Yep. I'm so glad now that I'm back. =)

5:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home