Saturday, November 27, 2004

Questions

Yahoo! I've found more people who don't like Sylvester! Usually I don't post gifs because they have a tendancy to make your browser lag sometimes but I just had to put this up. Take a look this:





(Pictures from Claris's blog)

Looking at the 2nd animation, all I can say is: Sylvester is a poser. In fact I irritated my sister by constantly critising him whenever he was on tv. It was quite funny to see her get so worked up over some guy she doesn't even know. And she's even older than me for goodness sake.


(Author's note: The section below will be about religion; mainly Christianity, so feel free to skip it if you're not interested.)

Anyway, today in my cell group we were on the topic about defending and answering tough questions about your faith. And we came across a topic that I was supposed to do an entry on a long time ago. It was the question, if God is omniscient, how come He created Man knowing he would fall into sin?" Sad to say, up to now, I haven't gotten around to doing an entry on that question yet. Sorry! It's long overdue, but I promise, it will be finished soon. =)

Actually in Theology there's a branch that deals with defending your faith and answering tough questions like that. It's called Apologetics. I become interested in Apologetics a long time ago as I always always asking questions about God and about the bible. Questions like the one above as well as:

"If God is omniscient, all-knowing, it means that he already knows what choice you've choosen before you even make it. Doesn't that negate free will and make everything pre-destined?"

"According to the Bible, the Earth is less than a million years old, yet physical evidence point and say that the Earth is much older than that. How can the bible deny such unquestionable evidence? (e.g dinosaur fossils)"

"The Trinity, The Father, The Son and Holy Sprit are one God but yet each are different from one another. Does that make sense?"

And one that came about after some thinking:

"The Truth is absolute, meaning it is faultess and perfect, so what you believe to be the truth must make sense, both in your heart and in your mind. But Christianity calls for belief in certain things that do not rest on logical proof and go beyond reason. That's where Faith comes in. But to do that means to believe in something that doesn't make sense in your head. How can that be? Isn't that a contradiction?"


For some of the questions I'd ask my parents, who are pastors, or I'd go and find out the answers myself by reading some books. Hopefully I'll manage to find time to answer most of the questions I put up there because knowledge should be shared with everybody.

Maybe I should go into Apologetics since it interests me so much, and become like an Apologist like Ravi Zacharias.

Alrighty, it's 4 in the morning now. Time to get some sleep.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sheena said...

sorry i went off so suddenly last night! my com suddenly pulled the plug on me! could'nt log back onto the net..

and anyway...

test me test me!!! haha!

i don't like sylvester either. if i get a chance to go to the finals.. my sister may have the ticket.. you can be sure i'll boo sly as loud as i can with my darn cheerleading voice!

WAHAHA!

i got this feeling FF is cursing at me now..

1:15 PM  
Blogger Zen|th said...

It's okie. I think I'd rather watch the SG Idol Finals at home. I don't like going to crowded places that's why.

8:03 PM  
Blogger FF said...

*bouncing my placard which states "I heart Sly" up and down*

I love Sly! I love Sly! I love Sly!

11:19 PM  
Blogger Zen|th said...

FF: Seems like you're the only Sylvester supporter who visits my blog. Haha.

2:31 AM  
Blogger Zen|th said...

Catch one episode then you'll see how low the standard of SG Idol is.

I agree. It's important to understand what you believe in. No point in believing if it makes no sense to you. I go to The Living Word Fellowship. How bout you?

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home