Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Rocker? More Like Rock-A-Bye-Baby..

I haven't blogged in 2 days but it feels so long. Maybe it's because the past 2 entries have just been copying and pasting stuff. About the previous entry, remember you've got to check the "Deep File Scan" option when you scan if not the SearchMiracle will not be completely removed and will try to install itself everytime your computer restarts. That spyware is just like Smeagol.. Sneaky sneaky.

Today I had my Systems Security exam. I actually wanted to study at around 3am last night, but I fell asleep all the way through to 745am! My paper was at 9 and it takes an hour to travel to school. So I bathed and all, and then left at 820. I always feel that the last minute studying on the bus is the most effective one, so when I got to the exam hall at 930, I was feeling quite alright. After the paper YF, TS, Leonard and I went to play pool.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention one thing.


JERRY ONG IS FINALLY OUT OF SINGAPORE IDOL! YAHOO!!


I guess his supporters grew a brain overnight and realised how crappy his singing was. Or maybe they just ran out of money. Hahaha. Either way, he's out, and the world is a much better place. =)

So who do you all support in Singapore Idol? For me I don't support anyone because I think they all are mediocre singers but one person who surely won't get my vote is this guy.





At first I supported him a little, but after a while I didn't like him. Why? Because I think he's fake. I mean, come on, since when have there been any rockers in Singapore? I know there are, but they are very few. And most of them are Malays (I'm not being racist here), so a chinese rocker guy? That's something I've never seen before.

He's just wanting to associate himself with rock since that's the music that most youths listen to. If he was a rocker, why didn't he display the wild and crazy side that rockers usually have right from his first appearance? Why didn't he do the "Rock On" sign? The rockers I saw in World Idol and American Idol both declared they were rockers right from the start without any hesitation.

Secondly, what's up with that picture?



A rocker? Looks more like acting cute to attract schoolgirls to me. A rocker doesn't make little cutsy faces like pouting your lips and winking your eyes. Stuff like that belongs with Hamtaro, Happy Tree Friends, The Teletubbies and Fiona Xie.

= = =


Seriously, let's leave the "acting cute" to the professionals.

Real rockers look like this:

Lenny Kravitz






Eddie Van Halen






Well, you may agree or disagree with what I've said. It's still up to you whether you want to vote for him or not. It's your money after all. But if you ask me, I think giving the 50 cents to me would be much better. =)

5 Comments:

Blogger Vera said...

yeah.. i am getting tired of that face... at first he looks cute doing that.. but now i find it annoying.

7:05 PM  
Blogger Zen|th said...

That's true, Bubblemunche. One of the main reasons I watch Singapore Idol is so that I can talk about with my friends the next day and laugh at all the crappy singers. WAHAHA!

1:01 AM  
Blogger Zen|th said...

I guess Jerry was the target of so much criticism because he was depriving other more deserving singers of their place. But you can't really blame him, because although he sang like crap, it's his crappy supporters that kept him in.

1:04 AM  
Blogger Zen|th said...

Banana was a dude that turned out for the auditions wearing a watermelon mask with bananas. He said he didn't wanna show his face because he didn't want to embarrass himself if he sang badly.

Well, he accomplished both.

2:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know this is long overdue, but came across your blog only thru mr.brown. Just wanna say one thing, just because you seem to know how overseas rockers look like doesn't mean that all singaporean rockers must look like that. I understand that you may dislike sly because hes fake, but to discount him as a fake rocker is not exactly justified. He did proclaim in many episodes that he is a rocker, and in fact has his own band. As for his poseur looks that you can't stand, I agree that it may be abit fake, but that's just to garner votes from the teenage gals. Its a competition for goodness sake, so anything to garner more votes win. look at how those silly grins and winks got him to the 2nd place? I just think you shdn't generalise how he's fake JUST because he doesn't look like a rocker u had in mind. And chinese do do rock, and sing chinese rock songs, which I think you prob don't listen.

12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home