Friday, November 19, 2004

The Cute Veterinarian

Here are some useful tips when using the computer.






It seems that my tagboard is down, but I'm not sure if it's only affecting me. Tagboard has the tendency to screw up like this from time to time but after a while it works alright again. I guess I'll leave it alone for now.

Today was another day at home for me. I brought Rainbow to the Mount Pleasant Clinic for a checkup and the female veterinarian was really friendly. She answered all the questions I had and even patiently explained them to ensure that I understood. The previous times I visited, she always wore a mask so I couldn't see her face, but today she wasn't. And I have to admit, she was quite cute. She was probably in her twenties and was fair skinned. She also looked a bit nerdy with spectacles and wasn't what I would call outstandingly pretty, but there was something about her which made her look... well, cute. I guess it's the sweet + pleasant + nerdy + cute look that she had. Rainbow will be going back a few more times for his vaccinations so it looks I'll be going back there again too. =D

Actually, I wanted to become a vet at one time because I love animals and it's my kind of job. Watch the Animal Hospital on Animal Planet and you'll know what kind of job it is. You don't sit around all day in a boring office environment, you get to meet different people everyday, help animals get better and most of all, you're helping people by treating the pets that mean so much to them. What's more, you get to fulfill any parents' dream of their child becoming a doctor/lawyer and you get to put the word "DR" in front of your name wherever you go.

The best job they say, when you're getting paid for doing something that you love. And becoming a vet fulfills that in my case.

But the pursuit of that ambition stopped when I realised that you had get into the pure science stream in school to stand a chance of becoming anything close to a vet. Chemistry was really boring and naturally I sucked at it. Counting moles and balancing chemical equations was just not my kind of thing. My school didn't offer biology too and even if they did, all the smart ass students would be the ones fighting like crazy to take it. So that's where I gave up this ambition.

I don't know if there's still any chance of fulfilling that ambition anymore, but if there is, I'll be glad to take it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If signing GuestBooks was a crime, I'd be put in the electric chair for a parking ticket. www.reddink.com/INDEX

1:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gerome you are not alone! tagboard is screwed up! i cant tag della's nor aaron's board either. oh well.

hahah... cute vet ar?

3:12 AM  
Blogger Claris said...

tagboard has been down for the third time consecutively.
i've even switched to flooble. can't stand tagboard anymore.
haha. but for your case, you still enable comments.
so not much of an adverse effect if taggy is down.

3:54 AM  
Blogger Zen|th said...

Yeah, the vet was cute! Haha.

Claris: Tagboard is getting crappy. I'm considering changing to another kind of tagboard too, but I'm feeling lazy to change it for now. Haha.

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home