Tuesday, November 02, 2004

When People Get Horny

Yesterday I was out having lunch when my sister told me the news. That one of our friends had given birth to a baby boy. I was like, "What the heck?" She's only like 17 and I didn't even know that she was pregnant! Apparently her being pregnant was the real reason that she went back to the Philippines last year.

I don't know the details, but all I know is that the father is a black guy that she met while she was here in Singapore. Where is he is now, no one knows. And that's what pisses me off. She's back there, having to care of his mistake while he's somewhere else not taking any responsibility for it. Both of them are minors and if I had it my way, I'd have the guy up for statutory rape. Let him have a few strokes of the cane because he deserves it.

I don't know why, but it seems to be a trend, having a child out wedlock. Including this girl, 7 of my friends are already parents. I don't know if they were drunk and got horny, but it's sad. Because when something like this happens, your life totally changes. And it changes for the worse. Most of them end up having shotgun marriages or becoming a single parent. And no one wants to have to make a lifetime commitment at the age of 20.

When it all comes down to the end, it is their innocent children who suffer. Their parents aren’t able to give them a proper childhood, because they themselves aren't even ready for adulthood. In fact, one of them left her 2 year old son here in Singapore with her parents. I see him during Sundays in church and he calls his grandfather, "Daddy". Who's going to explain to this child that his father wasn't there for him because he was too busy fooling around in another country?

What makes it even sadder is that these 7 friends of mine used to be from my church's youth group. It's sad how they all backslid when they left Singapore and went to either the US or Philippines. It feels like just yesterday I was playing football with them and running around all over church, and now they're already married with kids? That just makes me go, "Whoa".

I think one of the people I look up to said it best when he said, "When you have child so early, you don't have the resources to support another life. Inevitably your parents will be the one take care of your child. Your parents took care of you for so long and now you're going make them take of someone else again? It's just selfish."

That is so true. So everyone out there, please think before you get horny. Don't get yourself into the same mess. It's a mess that's going to last the rest of your life.

2 Comments:

Blogger Zen|th said...

Yep, I guess when people get horny, the part of their brain that makes judgement shuts down.

But if the girls want to wear microskirts, it's fine with me! WAHAHA..

7:38 PM  
Blogger Zen|th said...

Bubble: LoL~ I guess guys some guys use the lower "head" more than they use their real heads.

Shopaholic: What to do? People get horny that's why things like these happen.

12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home