Sunday, June 27, 2004

A Correspondence

Someone posted this on Friendster and I thought that she wrote about an intersting topic, so I replied to her.

(Note: I edited some parts for clarity.)

From: Cherry
Date: June 15, 2004 8:56 AM
Subject: The relationship between sex and love

Today i wanna talk about the relationship between sex and love. As we know, we can have sex without love and at the same time we have both sex and love. Some people believe that it's possible to have love without sex , so call pure love. When the rest strongly think that no sex no love. Many players love to have sex with girl without falling in love, but after a few times they slowly in love with the girl. Does it shows that sex actually is related to love?? Well, I dont know.. if i know I will not be here to discuss this. However, most of the people, I mean the majority people here, well including me, think that when u truly in love with someone, when you are intrigued, attracted by someone special, you will feel like making love with this person, so call have sex. At the point, does it show the relationship between love and sex? Some people show their 'love' to the other in order to have sex with him/her. Ok , the question is,what kind of relationship between love and sex? I'm for saying all the shit here, and thx for spending 5 mins reading it. I'm done, I can sleep now.

Cherry


Here was my reply.


To: Cherry
Date: June 16, 2004 12:28 AM
Subject: Re: The relationship between sex and love

Hmm.. I found topic that you wrote on very interesting and decided to send you a reply.

For me, I feel that sex has always been an expression of love. So if you look at it that way, the reason sex was created was because of love. So it's possible to love without having sex because sex is just an expression, nothing more. And we can express love in so many other ways.

But nowadays more emphasis has been placed on sex and the pleasure itself rather than the main reason it exists. Sure, you can have sex without love, but it's like an expression done without any emotion at all. It's just meaningless and done for the pleasure of doing it.

Most of the time however, we mistake love for lust and infatuation and we think that we love someone and have sex with them only to find out that we're mistaken. In the end that process keeps happening until sex is just a hobby like going to the movies.

I know it sounds old, but that's why I think sex should be saved for marriage when you truly know that you love someone and that person loves you back. And sex is one of the best expressions of love and should be kept for the one you love the most. If you keeping doing it so many times, it loses its meaning, rather than saving it for that one special person and having something with him or her that no one else has.

Well, that's just my 2 cents worth on that topic, and I also thank you for 5 minutes of your time. Haha. =)


From: Cherry
Date: June 16, 2004 8:08 AM
Subject: Re: The relationship between sex and love

Thank u so much for the responds...i agree with you...and also realise something ..thxxxxxx =]

----------------

Hmm.. So what do you think? :)

1 Comments:

Blogger ying said...

i so totally agree wif u!! :D

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home