Tuesday, November 16, 2004

The Lab Rat

Got this from Mr Brown's blog.




In that same entry he mentions about CBS producer getting fired for interrupting the last five minutes of CSI: NY with the news of Arafat's death.

Actually I don't find it surprising at all because I'm sure that it cost the station a lot of money just for 5 bloody minutes. They had to repeat the episode so the whole episode schedule would have been pushed back. Meaning that the commercial slots, the schedule of the next series after the CSI: NY season would also have been screwed up. And all just for 5 minutes! Come on, whether he died at 6 or 6:05pm, I'm sure no one would have noticed.

Also, if you've watched CSI, you know that that last 10 minutes of the show are the most important because it shows how the crimes finally got solved. If I was watching the show, I'd be really pissed to be interrupted with something that I knew was going to happen sooner or later anyway.

Talking about CSI, it's on at 10pm on Channel 5 tonight! And the episode is related to magicians too. My favourite character is Gil Grissom, the leader of their team. He doesn't show any emotion and lets the evidence do the talking instead. Totally cool. The other guy I like is the guy in their lab who does the DNA testing. I forgot his name but he longs to go out to the field with the rest of the team but he only gets to do that in the next season. I call him the "lab rat" because all he does is test stuff all day long and find out whatever substance or DNA it is that they pass to him.

It would be like your science practical in secondary school where they give you a yellow powder and ask you to identify "Substance X". Imagine doing that all day. So you can't blame the dude for wanting a bit of action.

As for me, I'd never be able to do something like that. It's too mundane for me. I can't see myself working behind a desk everyday from 9-5 either. That's why up to now I still don't know what I want to do.

Hmm... I guess when the time comes I'll know.

2 Comments:

Blogger Zen|th said...

You should watch CSI! It's one of the best shows ever!

12:51 AM  
Blogger Zen|th said...

Yep.. I'm a CSI fan too. Haha. I don't really know which are the episodes I watched already because the ones I watch are from AXN and Channel 5.

And yeah, CSI does make nerds look cool.

1:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home