Thursday, September 23, 2004

A Guy, A Girl And Their Lunch

As I finished my previous entry in the library, an dramatic event unfolded beside me.

A malay girl came and sat at the com beside me. After a while her boyfriend came. They were talking about something. It looked like they were going to leave, but the girl stayed, took out her notes and the guy walked away.

After a short while, the guy came back. They started talking again. I don't understand what they said because I don't know malay, but the word "makan" kept being mentioned (around 20 times in the space of 5 minutes). So from what they were saying, I guess the guy was asking her to go and have lunch.

Well, the girl didn't want to go, because she was studying and had her notes in front of her but the guy kept on talking and talking and talking asking her to "makan". Still the girl didn't want to go and at this point they both were getting upset. Whatever discussion they had was now escalating into a quarrel.

The guy's voice grew louder and he was saying a whole lotta things with the word, "makan", in every other sentence. I could see them from the corner of my eye and the girl was getting really distressed at what was going one. She held her head on the table and turned her away from the guy who was still talking.

I was wondering when the guy was going to get the point that she didn't want to eat and shut up when suddenly she said something, and pulled out a ring from her right ring finger.

Then the guy stopped talking.(Finally he got the point.) He sat on the computer next to the girl and laid his head on the table. He tried to talk to her but she continued to ignore him, choosing to fix her gaze the notes in front of her.

After a while, he got up to leave but he came back after walking a few steps. This time he spoke softle and said sorry to the girl and tried to get her to put the ring back on. The girl let him put the ring back on but never looked at him while he was doing so. The guy then laid his head on the table again and didn't move at all. The girl continued doing her work.

5 minutes later, the guy got up and left, but came back again after a few steps. Then he laid his head on the table again.






















What happened next? Well.... I don't know because they're still beside me and nobody's moving. Oh wait, the girl just got up and left. The guy lifted his head and watched her leave.. but he didn't follow.

Well, what happened was quite stupid if you ask me. Having a quarrel over lunch. Maybe the lack of food got to their heads. Anway, I'll continue this entry later because I have to go for class now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Zen|th said...

I think the guy wanted the girl to go eat with him. But if someone doesn't want to go, you shouldn't force them. Even if she ended up going, she'd be sitting there unwillingly.

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home