Thursday, September 16, 2004

Racing Around The World

Good morning! *YaWn* I'm in my programming class and we're all supposed to be doing our assignment but everyone's stuck. How do I know? Because everyone's just looking at the screen instead of typing out their codes. You hardly hear the sound of typing except mine, but that's because I'm blogging away! Haha.

It's one thing if you're too lazy to complete an assignment, but it's really frustrating when you want to complete it but can't because you're stuck. It doesn't help that my teacher answers in a sarcastic tone whenever you ask him something. Maybe that's why no one asks him questions often even though it's apparent that we're all lost.

Yesterday night there was The Amazing Race on tv and they went to the Philippines. The last time I went back was in 1998. Yeah, I remember it because it was during the World Cup and I was quite pissed at having to miss it. They didn't have any coverage in the Philippines.

Anyway, it was funny seeing Colin struggling to control the water buffalo during the plough challenge and get all pissed about it. He was controlling it alone from the back while all the other teams had their partners control the buffalo in front while they ploughed from the back. My friend's father, who was a farmer's son before he came to Singapore said that maybe the buffalo was running away from Colin had it hit and gotten afraid. He probably did but CBS didn't show it for fear of the backlash they'd receive from the SPCA and all the animal rights people around the world.

Another funny part of the show was when Colin and Christie were in a taxi and persuading the driver to go faster with the lure of money. Then the driver said with his tagalog accent:

"Going over 100 is prohibited here, so I guess we have to break the law."

Hahaha. In Philippines they openly break the law, but at least they do it with a sense of humour. There are lots of poor people in the Philippines and most of them work really hard but earn only very little, so you can't blame them for trying every way they can just to get by. It's the natural thing to do, self-preservation.

Alright class is ending soon, so I'll stop here for now. Later!

1 Comments:

Blogger Zen|th said...

Thanks.. I'm finishing my assignment soon, but there's the walkthrough test coming up! They test you based on the program that you did. I need to pass that in order to pass the assignment over all. Crap.

They don't show Amazing Race over there? Yeah, I'm getting sick and tired of Survivor. The same old thing happens all the time.

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home