Friday, September 03, 2004

Crunch Time

Yeah, it's Friday again. Assignments are going to pile up soon because it's crunch time. My course, which lasts 15 weeks works like this:

First 8 weeks - Really slack. I don't know how to explain it, but it's quite relaxing because there isn't really much to do.

Week 9 - Common test week, meaning you have to study but if you only have 2 tests like I did, then it's considered quite slack too.

Week 10-13 - Assignments come in. I call this period crunch time because assignments have to be handed up almost every week.

Week 14 -Study break, which means some studying but still allowance for S & R. (Slacking and relaxation.)

Week 15 - Exam week which usually lasts for 2 to 3 days.

Then it's the holidays!!


So actually the only time where I really have to work and get stressed is during the 4 weeks from week 10-13. After that it becomes slack again. Most of the time after the 4 weeks of crunch time, it becomes really boring because you were working hard, doing stuff, rushing deadlines and then suddenly you're doing nothing. I'm not sure if my course being slack is a good thing but well, since I'm here, might as well make the best of it and move on.

I reading around because I've been in a bit of a philosophical mode this week and I came across this article, Can Life Arise By Chance and also God & Failure of Science Shown with Emperical Evidence. Those are quite interesting articles with quotes and lots of big words. Articles like these make you think and try to understand what it's view point and whether you agree with what it's saying. It questions your viewpoint on life and makes you think on whatever you believe in makes sense. Like what Ravi Zacharias said,"What I believe in my heart has to make sense in my head." Sounds logical. He's one my favourite authors though I've read only one of his books. Haha. Also the big words that are used in the article like "Primordial", "Antiquity" and "Infinitesimal Circumference" become cool new words that you'll learn but will hardly ever use. Haha.

I thought of writing a blog entry on the failure of scince too but I'm not in the mood to write another long entry like the "A Wager On God's Existence" entry. Maybe I'll do it another time. Or maybe not. I guess it's time for me to go and do some work now. After all, it's crunch time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home