Sunday, January 22, 2006

At Last,

VICTORY!


Finally, my company team finally managed to win. And what a important win it was. I'll update the next time I manage to go online. My uncle and aunt have been sleeping in the living room the past few nights, so I haven't been able to go online at all. (The modem is in the living room.) Why are they sleeping in the living room?

I'll blog all about it when I get back. I have to rush off to work now. It sucks to work on a weekend.


UPDATE:

So, our VICTORY.

Yep, my company team finally managed to our very first game in aeons. On top of that it was against our rival team, another branch of our company. From all the talk that I heard before the game, they really wanted to win this game badly. The last time they played, we lost the game 3-1.

I thought the weather was going to be good, until it started to rain at 30 mintues before the game. At least it fizzled down to a drizzle when the match started. Our captain started off with the "old men" in starting lineup, planning to substitute them out when they got tired. As I watched the game from the sidelines, I just couldn't wait to get in. The other team wasn't good at all.

I was able to come in about 35-40 minutes into the first half when the score was 1-1. Not long after I got in, my colleague chipped the ball from midfield beyond the last defender. I chased after it, got behind the last defender, and raised the ball over the diving goalkeeper.

Now if I'm going to describe all the goals like that it's going to take me forever, so to summarise, we won the game 9-2, I scored 6 goals and the game was called off after a player in the opposing team got a serious neck injury.

Apparently he had collided with the goalkeeper and knocked the back of his head on the ground as the both of them tried to stop me from scoring the last goal. I didn't know what the heck happened because as soon as I poked the ball into the goal, I jumped up to try and minimise the collision. But one thing I know for sure, they both were coming in hard.

Usually when it's 2 people coming in on 1 guy, you'd expect the lone fellow to be pancaked or crushed like an ant, but surprisingly, they were both the ones laying on the floor after the collision while I landed on my feet. As soon as I landed, it was obviously that one of the players was injured badly. He was shaking a little and I could see the whites of his eyes. But he was still breathing. An ambulance had to be called later on. I felt quite bad for the injured player, but my team mates all told me not to feel bad as it wasn't my fault.

After the game, we had a small post game celebration as pizza, KFC, and drinks were ordered and brought in. I don't really know how to describe the atmosphere, but if I could sum it up in one word it would be "celebratory".

I'm just really glad that now our team finally has something to be happy about after that long record of losing and I played a part in it. Even now, whenever one of my colleagues sees me, he'll start singing "We Are The Champions".

So now, we've just got to keep this unbeaten run going. But honestly, it's going to be hard. Hahaha.


Wikipedia Topic Of The Day: The Lady of Shalott

4 Comments:

Blogger Zhe Bin said...

It's victory against Liverpool as well. = D

3:41 AM  
Blogger Zen|th said...

Zhe Bin: Exactly. That's what I needed as well. Haha.

11:58 AM  
Blogger Nefianz said...

lolz.. double hat-trick.. still as good as ever..

6:53 PM  
Blogger Zen|th said...

Nefianz: Nah. I'm way slower than I was before. Hahaha.

2:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home