Thursday, December 29, 2005

Light Bulbs And Intelligence

I think I've discovered the real reason why my uncle took the modem last week.

Earlier on, I was using my laptop in the living room as normal and my auntie came out and told me to go sleep because it was past midnight. I replied and said that I didn't have work tomorrow. There was a short silence and then she said, "Our electricity bills for last month were very high." I replied with a "Yeah sure, okay" before she went back into her room.

I know I didn't mention it in the entry regarding the modem incident, but I had a feeling it was it might have been over this electricity bill thing. But you see, it's not entirely my fault. It's more, how do I put it, due to my uncle's stupidity lack of intelligence.

In the living room, our lights aren't the normal kind of circular light bulbs on ceiling. Instead, there are these chandelier looking kind of things (I have no idea what they're called) with 8 eight light bulb slots. There are 2 of them.

Now, when my family was still living here (my uncle and aunt took over the place after my parents left), my father did something that a smart, sensible person would do. He bought 4 white energy saving light bulbs and slotted them 2 each into the 2 chandeliers. On top of that he got 2 lamps, fitted them with the same type of light bulbs each and put them at the sides of the living room. Those were really convenient for me as I only needed to switch on 1 lamp when I was up late at night.

When my uncle took over however, guess what he did. On the 2 chandeliers, he fitted all the 8 slots with new orange light bulbs. Even a cute, lovable dog such as Rainbow could tell you that that's a total of 16 light bulbs. So now whenever the lights are switched on, the energy output is 4 times higher than before. On top of that, I don't think the bulbs were even energy saving ones.

And you tell me the electricity bill has gone up?



"2 times 8 equals 16. Okay, can I get some of that chicken now?"


See now why I say it's due to my uncle's lack of intelligence? As a matter of fact, 2 of the white light bulbs in the past were brighter than the all orange bulbs put together.

Oh yeah, I forgot to add, the 2 lamps were removed too.

Now, whenever anyone uses the living room, the only light source available becomes those 16 light bulbs which have become nothing but a waste of energy.

So who's really the cause of the high electricity bills?


Wikipedia Topic Of The Day: A priori

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha anyway check this out:
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=6447476&blogID=54163614&Mytoken=40d0e85e-cc76-4a57-a21d-bb43f4f3e8c7

a pretty interesting read.

5:09 PM  
Blogger Jayaxe said...

Why change white light for orange light?? Not only it makes people feel sleepy, it's hard to read newspapers and books under such conditions!

8:42 PM  
Blogger MyOrangeSweater said...

Tell your uncle what Jayaxe said, tell him that orange light is bad for the eyes. Then bring him to Ikea and get some energy saving bulbs!

10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a silly old man.

12:24 AM  
Blogger Sheena said...

haha, it's time to dig that side lamp out.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Ang Ku Kueh said...

why not just tell him to change back to energy saving bulbs? who cares how the house would look nicer with yellow light? eyes more important.

8:40 PM  
Blogger Zen|th said...

Isaac: I'm reading that book now. Damn killer.

Jayaxe: It's not my house anymore, so cannot anyhow change the lights. =(

Lynne: Orange light is bad for the eyes? Another reason to support my idea. =)

SA Youths Unite: That's my father's. Hahaha.

Tammy: Some old men can be silly.

Miryclay: I don't know where my uncle put it!

Ang Ku Kueh: Exactly. I don't know why he doesn't do that. Maybe I'll really suggest it to my aunt or something.

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home