Wednesday, January 04, 2006

CE 2006

I know it's a bit late but anyway, Happy New Year everyone. =)

It's only natural at the end of the year that one looks back and sees what he or she has done or gone through. I thought of doing an entry like that, but I'm feeling rather tired to start reminiscing right now. Actually the only reason I'm up so late is to watch the Arsenal-Man Utd game later on.

It's a bit hard to believe that 2005 went by so fast though. Doesn't feel like 2006 at all. Today at work I was even corrected by a customer when I said that the expiry date of November 2006 was next year. So what's everybody's resolutions for the New Year?

For me though, I don't have any because I don't believe in New Year resolutions. I just believe that if you resolve to do something, you don't need an occasion as an excuse to do it.

Anyway, since I've got nothing much to blog about (I'm much too tired to think of anything to write), here's an incident in church that I think sort of embarrassed my uncle a little. Hahaha.


It's another sunday at church and my uncle's giving a sermon.


Uncle: "Just greet, smile and thank. It's so easy. Tell me, who can resist a smile? No one can get angry at a smile."


Now here's one of the bad things about reading too much philosophy and apologetic books. You tend to overanalyze things at times. So I thought to myself, "Wow. Is he declaring an absolute?". One of my friends started nodding in agreement with my uncle.


Me: (leans over to him) "Got.. There's someone can resist a smile."

Friend: "Who?"

Me: "A blind man."



At that point a few people around me started laughing a little because they overheard what I had said. My uncle probably knew what I had said (he was looking in my direction, maybe he read my lips) because he then covered himself by putting it off as a joke.


Uncle: "Of course, except a blind man, because he can't see your smile. Ha Ha."


A few people around me were still laughing.


Wikipedia Topic Of The Day: Ontological Argument

5 Comments:

Blogger MyOrangeSweater said...

Haha, that's a good one! Did your uncle give you a hard time after church?

I dun have NY's resolutions as well, dun believe in them too.

10:18 PM  
Blogger Zhe Bin said...

Yeah. No resolutions for me too. I just wanna be happy everyday! = D

3:18 PM  
Blogger fiona said...

we can never hang out together , jerome. you are too learned and philosophical for uneducated folks like me. ;D

3:39 PM  
Blogger Zen|th said...

Lynne: Nah. He didn't. We don't really talk anyway. Hahaha.

Zhe Bin: I think that's one of the best resolutions to have. =)

Fiona: Aww.. Come on, don't say that. I was looking forward to hanging out with you one day. =P By the way, how did you find out my name? Haha.

2:54 AM  
Blogger KwokSiong said...

haha. i also cannot believe 2005 is gone, and now we're living in 2006.

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home