Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Bloggers By The Bay

I'm finally online! My internet access was temporarily cut off over the weekend. I've been using my school's ex-school's top speed 56K dialup system for my internet. So now that I've graduated, I think they've removed my account from the network and that was why I couldn't go online anymore. But a good friend has helped me out and now I'm able to use the dialup again.

Talking about the dialup, although it's a bit slow, I've gotten used to it. Besides, it teaches you patience. The crappy thing is that when I blog hop, some blogs take really long to load and I just give up waiting. And it's also the reason why I can visit your blogs as often as I would like. Visiting every blog on my blogroll and leaving a comment would take me a few hours.

Lots of things were happening these past weekend. There was the Bloggers.sg 2005 Convention! To be honest, I wanted to go. Just to look around and see what was happening. But I wasn't able to find anyone to go with me. My super lovable girlfriend had to stay home to study for a test and Donavon chose to check out the girls at Sunset Bay instead. Looking at all the pictures now, I really should have gone.

I ended up going with another group of friends to watch Baybeats 2005 at the Esplanade. Although it was really close to DXO and we even passed by once, all my friends were non bloggers, so I didn't want to be an extra and drag them into something they weren't interested in nor did I want to go in alone.

As for Baybeats 2005, we were only able to catch a few bands. We managed to see Vertical Rush, Surreal, an unknown band and this American band which I think is called Brandsten or something like that.

The music wasn't really that good in my opinion. I don't know if it was because I didn't like the genres they were playing or if it was because it was super super super croweded that might have made me a bit biased but the bottomline is that I didn't really enjoy myself. I thought Vertical Rush sounded like an amateur pop-punk band. Is that the genre of their music?

Perhaps another reason why I didn't enjoy Baybeats as much was because I was too busy thinking of the Bloggers.sg 2005 Convention. Although I missed it this year, I sure will be attending the next one in 2006. =)

3 Comments:

Blogger Jayaxe said...

Subscribe to broadband. It's quite cheap nowadays!

7:05 AM  
Blogger potpourri said...

After you get broadband, you can experience that cheap thrill of clicking thru many many blogs and do many things at the same time without waiting. Haha. Yes i agree, i was using dialup for a few years and it's very humbling. ;p

2:27 PM  
Blogger Zen|th said...

Jayaxe: Yeah. I think my uncle's going to applying for DSL soon. =)

Green Apple: I know that feeling. I was surfing at my friends place and the way everything loaded so quickly sure made my blog-hopping much faster.

2:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home