Friday, January 14, 2005

The Weekend

I pissed off my FYP supervisor today. I postponed our weekly meeting again, which makes it the 3rd time that I've done that already. My reason today for postponing today's meeting was that I was busy helping my parents pack for their departure, so I wasn't able to do any work. Here was his reply:


Hi Zen|th

I am concerned about both on your lack of progress and inability to meet up with me regularly.
Though I understand that last minute, things do crop up, but it seems that you have more than your "fair share".

As there is a school meeting tomorrow, I can only meet up with you next week. Suggest that we meet up on Monday, 17 Jan 05 at about 5:30pm. I will probably have to see you again later in the week.

Zen|th, I hope that you will not be rescheduling any meetings unless it is absolutely necessary as this is definitely affecting your project progress.

Regards

Mr. X
p.s. pls confirm Monday's meeting.



I feel a bit bad for the inconvenience I caused him but I really had nothing to show him. So it's better to postpone than to turn up for the meeting empty handed. At least now I have the weekend to complete my work.

Talking about the weekend, it's Friday! =D

I haven't made any plans yet, but there's Liverpool vs Manchester United this Saturday at 8:25pm.

And Soul'd Out will be performing on Sunday! They'll perform as the guest band for JamX 2005, because they were the winners of JamX 2004 last year. They'll be performing at the Ngee Ann City Civic Plaza too on the 29th of January for the grand finals.

If you want to see a good band, be sure to catch Soul'd Out.

Anyway, here's a story that we all should learn from.


After a day fishing in the ocean a fisherman is walking from the pier carrying two lobsters in a bucket. He is approached by the ranger who asks him for his fishing license.

The fisherman says to the warden, "I did not catch these lobsters, they are my pets. Everyday I come down to the water and whistle and these lobster jump out and I take them for a walk only to return them at the end of the day."

The warden, not believing him, reminds him that it is illegal to fish without a license.

The fisherman turns to the warden and says, "If you don't believe me then watch," as he throws the lobsters back into the water.

The warden, wide-eyed and intrigued, says, "Now whistle to your lobsters and show me that they will come out of the water."

The fisherman turns to the warden and says, "What lobsters?"

(Credit: Joe)



Hahaha. That is one smart dude.

Enjoy the weekend everyone. :)

6 Comments:

Blogger Jayaxe said...

Liverpool vs. Man U! You support who? (I'm a devilish supporter).

2:29 PM  
Blogger Sky said...

MAN U WILL WIN

3:14 PM  
Blogger Zen|th said...

Jayaxe: I'm a Manchester United fan all the way. Supported them for 10 years already. :)

Sky: You got that right.

Bubblemunche: I told him that already. Maybe he didn't believe me and thought I was making up an excuse.

1:24 AM  
Blogger mcgurl said...

Haha hope u can finish ur task this weekend! if not do while watching the match..which is not veri possible ya? Anyway all d best...=)

9:02 AM  
Blogger cheeky said...

my fyp supervisor can't be bothered about me. I only saw him thrice. Who's going national stadium on sunday?

9:47 AM  
Blogger Zen|th said...

Angel: I managed to finish my task on Monday morning instead. Hahaha.

Cheeky: Man.. I wish I had your supervisor.

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home