Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Onto Another Chapter

I haven't been updating recently because I've been busy. I've never mentioned this before, but my family is migrating to the United States. I'm not going though, because I still have to complete my last semester in poly and pay off my bond to the government by working here for 3 years after I graduate.

Anyway they left this morning around 6am and I sent them off together with other family friends at the airport.

Of course I'm a bit sad that my family is gone, but there's no use in being sad because it doesn't accomplish anything. Life will be a different now (my uncle and his family will be moving in, so I'll stay with them) but one of the reasons I'm looking forward to it because all along I've been wanting to learn to be more independent. And what better way to learn it than through experience.

Another reason is of course,

FREEDOM!

But of course along with that freedom comes responsibility and if I let too much freedom get to my head my life's going to be all screwed up. Now all I need to do is put that into action.

Hmm... Right now you know who I miss the most? My dog Rainbow.



Come on, with cute and big eyes like that, anyone would miss him. Now when I'm get home everyday, there'll be no one to greet me at the door anymore. There'll be no one begging me for food when I eat and no one to scare my farts with. Yes, my dog runs away when he hears someone fart. So sometimes I would fart in front of him just for fun. Hahaha.

Anyway, enough about me. I was blog hopping the other day I saw this story. I'm sure some of you all have read it before because it's been circulating around in emails too.


A girl and guy were speeding over 100mph on the road...

Girl: Slow down. I’m scared.

Guy: No this is fun.

Girl: No its not. Please, it’s too scary!

Guy: Then tell me you love me.

Girl: Fine, I love you. Slow down!

Guy: Now give me a BIG hug.

*Girl hugs him*

Guy: Can you take my helmet off & put it on yourself? It’s bugging me...

.
.
.
.
.

(In the paper the next day):

A motorcycle had crashed into a building because of brake failure.
2 people were on it, but only 1 survived.

The truth was that halfway down the road, the guy realized that his brakes broke down, but he didn't want to let the girl know.

Instead, he had her say she loved him & felt her hug 1 last time, then had her wear his helmet so that she would live even though it meant that he would die.

Would you do this for someone??



Aww... What a tragic love story. Well, it is tragic but it's stupid as well. To be more precise, the guy is a dumbass. First of all, he was speeding. Secondly, he decided to travel without giving a helmet to his girlfriend. If you love someone, would you endanger their lives like that? Would you even allow a chance of your loved one getting hurt?

He might have saved the girl, but he would have saved his life and a whole of pain on the girl's part if only he had not done one of those 2 things mentioned above.

Reading this story is one of the reasons I'm a bit hesitant on getting a motorcycle license. My friend told me that even if you drive safely, you cannot control the element that people might hit you. And if people hit you, you're going to fly.

I remember traveling to school one day and there was this huge jam on Lornie Road. Apparently, a motorcycle had crashed into the rear of a lorry when it suddenly braked. The motorcyclist hit the rear of the lorry head on. If you've been to Lornie road you know that all the vehicles speed along that stretch, so you could imagine the impact when flesh met steel. It was so bad that the helmet got smashed into half and when the bus passed by the accident site, I'll never forget the sight of trickles of blood flowing along the road, from underneath the tent where the body lay.

What makes it even sadder is that there was a pillion rider. And the pillion rider was the motorcyclist’s girlfriend. Later on the news it was reported that she had broken her back and was in a coma. I don't know if she died or what happened to her, but even if she did survive, being paralyzed is worse off than being dead for some.

One of the worse things that could happen is to get into an accident, but then your pillion rider or passenger dies while you survive. I don't know about you, but if it happened to me, my conscience wouldn't be able to take it.

So if you truly love someone, you'll do your best to keep him/her safe. Unlike the dumbass in the story.

10 Comments:

Blogger Jayaxe said...

The motorbike story reminded me of some of my friends who ride bikes but make sure they always take public transport whenever with their girlfriends. I applauded their maturity for doing this.

Anyway, you sure have a cute dog! Being a dog lover, I love to sayang them when I used to own one in my kampung days. I understand the feeling of not having a loyal pet by your side anymore.

But hey, freedom! I think I wouldn't mind living by myself for a few years, though it'll certainly be a chore having to do housework, cook, wash all by yourself. Or have you been doing that all along? Heh.

3:55 AM  
Blogger Vera said...

FREEDOM! I need that too! :D

9:11 PM  
Blogger cheeky said...

U are very lucky. the choice of 2 country to live in. So are your family gonna to live in San Fransico?

8:56 AM  
Blogger mcgurl said...

Yeah i agree wif ya fren, driving on 2 wheels is much more dangreous den being in a car. A motorbike is soo light compared to a car.
Hmm arent ya joinin ur fmaily in US?

9:11 AM  
Blogger Zen|th said...

Jayaxe: I applaud your friends too. I never thought of doing something like that before. As for housework, I'll be staying with my uncle and aunt, and they have a maid, so I don't have to do all that. Haha.

Bubblemunche: I'm not all that sad because there's no point being sad. So being happy is the right way to go.

Fat Fingers: Everyone needs to be free from their parents! :P

KnightofPentacles: I haven't decided on that yet, because it's still a few more years down the road and I'm not those kind of people who plan way ahead. When the time comes I'll see.

Cheeky: Actually my family is going to live in San Diego. It's quite a boring place in my opinion though.

Angel: Yep, that's why I don't know whether to get a motorcyle license or not. If you want your own transportation, cars are too expensive so the only one left is motorcyles. I haven't decided whether I'm joining my family yet though.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Jahalang said...

lol.. u got lots of freedom now... can fool around..

12:04 PM  
Blogger FF said...

Rainbow's going to the USA too? :( Why can't he stay with you? And why is he called rainbow?

1:23 PM  
Blogger mcgurl said...

how old is rainbow?? awww why cant they leave rianbow wif u?..

2:17 PM  
Blogger Zen|th said...

Jahalang: Don't like that say. I very good boy one. :P

FF: Yeap. He's going. Of course the rest of my family want him too, so it's better than he goes with them. It's bigger and cooler in the US, so he'll be happier.

He was called Rainbow because my dad wanted to call him Rambo while my sister wanted Hope. So they finally settled for Rainbow because it's a sign of hope and promise in the bible.

I just call him Bow though.

Angel: He's 5 years old, which translates into 35 dog years. Haha.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Sky said...

Haha at least u still have us here for at least 3 years to accompany u =p

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home