Saturday, February 04, 2006

Happy Attention

I don't know if I'm imagining it but ever since I've started work, I've been getting hit on by guys who I think are gay.

Well, first off, there's one of my managers. He's 30 something and one of the first thing you notice about him is that he's well-groomed. His hair is always neatly combed and his clothes are always neatly pressed with his shirt tucked in. Also, at times he speaks in a very gentle voice. Of course, it's unfair to judge one's sexuality based on their appearance, but there's these vibes that I get from him.. you know.. And I'm not the only one who thinks this way too.

One of my new colleagues asked me, "Hey, is our manager gay?" When I replied that I didn't know, she went on to complain about how well he treated me, citing the time when they arrived 5 minutes late and got a ticking off while I arrived even 5 minutes later and all I got was a "good morning" from him.

Another incident was when he flicked my back when I wasn't looking and then said good morning.

I'm not homophobic, so I don't mind if my manager is gay. After all, who doesn't mind being favoured by their superiors?

But it's the next 2 examples that freak me out.

Just a few days ago, I was doing some stuff at my counter when I heard someone say a gentle voice:


"Hey, handsome boy..."


I looked up and I saw a guy smiling at me. My colleague was proccessing his transaction and from the way he spoke it seemed like he was a regular customer. I smiled weakly back. Then he said, "Wah, so handsome". When I heard that, I got goosebumps but I just pretended I didn't hear it and got on with my work.

Then just a few days ago, I saw him again on the shop floor. I had no where to run as he approached me. He grabbed my forearm and said, "Hmm.. I can buy you or not?"

"Me? Buy for what? Cannot la.."

"Why cannot? One hundred can right?"

"Erm.. cannot.."

"How about two hundred?"

"Not for sale ah.."
I replied and quickly walked away, pretending a customer had called for me.


I've got a few other similiar experiences too, but I'm too lazy to list out more of them. I've been told before that I look boyish and that I always look like I'm 16 or 17, so perhaps that's the reason why I'm getting hit on these days.

You might say that at least I'm getting hit on by somebody, but I'd rather it was from the fairer sex. =)


Wikipedia Topic Of The Day: Banlieue 13

7 Comments:

Blogger Claris said...

oh dear! it's sounds so cool to be hit on by the same sex! i wonder how will i react if a butch were to ask me that. *stun*

7:12 PM  
Blogger Jayaxe said...

Yes, you've gotten it right by saying that looking younger than you really are makes you an easy target.

Time to make yourself look older! Don't bother to dress up! Don't comb your hair! Don't shave!

12:15 AM  
Blogger Vera said...

woah! hehehe! u better watch ur behind esp when u bend down hahaha :D

1:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now u noe how i feel huh? Good thing i have a "everyday is a bad day" look.

11:36 PM  
Blogger Zhe Bin said...

Okay steady 300. Steady okay? Come to Papi!

5:23 AM  
Blogger Zen|th said...

Claris: I think you'd probably get freaked out too. Haha.

Lexie: I guess there's a first time for everything.

Jayaxe: Actually, I do all those 3 and still I look boyish. Hahaha.

Fat Fingers: Hmm.. I think that's some really valuable advice.

Donavon: Next time I'll give them your number instead. HAHAHAHAHA.

Zhe Bin: Noooo~~~~~

2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

use the sharp knife to kill urself

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home