Monday, October 10, 2005

A Key Made Of Bone

I've said before that if you really want to watch a particular movie, don't read any reviews about it because it might spoil your viewing experience. But don't worry about reading this one. I won't reveal any spoilers here and I always try my best not to reveal details that might unfairly raise or lower your expectations of the movie.

Overall, I'd say The Skeleton Key was an-above-average movie. Certainly while the elements that make up this movie aren't original (a pretty babe, creepy old house, creepy old people), what makes it different from other horror movies is that it actually has a pretty good plot which gets more and more intriguing as it unfolds.



2 old people, a babe and a creepy house. What more could you need?


The typical scare tactics (like someone/something appearing of out of nowhere with a loud, accompanying sound effect) are present of course, but thankfully they don't become the main focus of the film nor are they repeated over and over again.

The thrill and suspense in the movie are well done and there are moments that will really have you at the edge of your seat. The same goes for the twists at the end of the movie. I won't reveal whether I liked it or not as it would influence your opinion, but I will reveal this: you won't see the twists or the ending coming.



Kate Hudson checks to see if the key is indeed made of human bone


Upon at rating of 10, I'd give The Skeleton Key a 7.00 7.25. After all, any movie with Kate Hudson in a wet T-shirt and sleeping in her underwear deserves an extra 0.25.

5 Comments:

Blogger lest-i-forget said...

you should watch Goal! man...it's a good show

11:57 AM  
Blogger Jayaxe said...

I was thinking, "Hmmmm... seems like a movie I can afford to miss.", until the last sentence that is! Hahahahahaha.

10:16 PM  
Blogger Jayaxe said...

And one more thing, dude, you DID reveal spoilers!! (Okay, I know you tried your best not to). Hahaha.

10:25 PM  
Blogger Ellipsis said...

I really, really want to watch Kate Hudson. But I really, really hate horror movies. Stress.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Zen|th said...

Ahdokboy: Ah.. I'm actually planning to catch that movie this weekend. Haha.

Becca: Yep, I heard that too. Into The Blue is really all about Jessica Alba.

Jayaxe: You mean the wet t shirt was a spoiler? Hahaha. Well, looks like you have to catch it now to see that part for yourself. =)

Mr Moron: Agreed. =)

Ball.of.yarn: Hmm.. It's actually not that scary you know.

1:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home