Thursday, October 27, 2005

2 Days In

It's been 2 days into my new job and so far everything's been going quite alright. My job is related to sales, so everyday I become like a fly, pestering people to buy. Sometimes I feel bad to be such a bother, but I just shrug it off.

Like my previous banquet job, I have to stand for super long hours. My legs hurt at the end of the day but I guess it's all a matter of getting used to it again. I'm finally getting the "sleeping early" part right; my bedtime now is around 1am, compared to the previous one of 5am.

On the way back, I realised something. Back when I was working as a banquet waiter, I used to get grumpy easily after work and sometime in the days that followed. For example, on the bus back, even the simplest things like someone accidentally knocking me with his/her bag would piss me off. However, I didn't really bother about it, thinking that it would only happen while I was working as a banquet waiter.

This time however, I discovered that the same thing is happening again.

So I thought about it on the way home today and came to 2 possible conclusions.

The first one was that perhpas it was due to the physical fatigue. After all, it's only natural to get be irritable when you're tired after a long day at work.

The second conclusion was that that since my line of work (like the previous one) required me to be all nice and polite, and at the end of the day, I longer had any "niceness" left inside me. Hence, I became irritable.

I think that it's more of the 2nd reason though. I don't mean to boast when I say that if you've worked with me, I try to be nice to the customers and my fellow colleagues as well. There's really no point in being mean to your colleagues because it'll just affect you back. So I exhust all my "nicness" and at the end of the day I become a grumpy old fart. Hahaha.

Realizing that, I try to control myself mentally to prevent myself from becoming a grumpy old fart. I think after I get used to working this "being nice" job full-time, I'll be back to normal. Alright, I'm falling alseep as I type this. So I'll just spell check tomorrow or something.(DONE)

In the mean time, good night. =)


Wikipedia Topic Of The Day: Steeplejack

4 Comments:

Blogger Sheena said...

really? why must try to be nice? aren't we innately nice?

I get only grumpy when im tired or when the customers are nasty!

still no reason to impose my unhapiness on my colleagues or the rest. Go scream it off or smoke it off or vent it elsewhere.

4:09 PM  
Blogger Ang Ku Kueh said...

grunpy old fart? hehehe...like how? must blog if it does happen...i so mean :)

11:59 PM  
Blogger Zen|th said...

Miryclay: Most people aren't innately nice. Everybody is naturally self centered.

Ang Ku Kueh: Yeah.. next time I'll blog about. Haha.

1:10 AM  
Blogger Vera said...

i used to get really grumpy on the way home for work.. cos everyone is getting into my way! Don't they know I am going home???? hehehe

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home