Monday, October 24, 2005

Not Sleeping Makes The World Go Round

I've finally gotten a full-time job. Phew. Actually I already got it last Thursday, but I was too busy settling some immigration papers to blog about it.

I wouldn't say that this is my ideal job, but my parents have been nagging at me for taking so long to find a permanent job, so I'm just glad I can get them off my back. =) It's unfortunate that my workplace doesn't have a computer or else I'd be able to blog more often. I don't want to reveal much about my job, since it's always better to keep stuff like that vague. It's in town however, so the location's pretty good.

Today was my first day but it was only training, so it wasn't too bad. I still have 2 more days of training to go. I don't know if it's a good or bad thing, but when I stepped into the training room this morning, I was the only guy there. I wasn't intimidated or anything, it just felt funny. At least later after getting to know the rest of my colleagues, all of them seemed pretty friendly.

One of the things I'm trying to do now, is to adapt my biological clock back with the rest of the world. So far the past few days have failed; I've been able to get the "wake up early" part right by forcing myself but I've been unable get the "sleep early" sorted out. As a result, this past week, I've been walking around looking like a Night Stalker at times. For example, in the past 56 hours, I've only managed 9 hours of sleep. Last week I just told my friend, "As you grow older, sleep becomes more and more precious and elusive."



The effects of not sleeping


Well, look on the bright side, at least you have plently of time to sleep when you're dead.


Wikipedia Topic Of The Day: Normative Ethics

5 Comments:

Blogger Ang Ku Kueh said...

Yay! that's great! a workplace in town and a stable income! :) lucks on the job! :)

9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, got job and in town somemore! How can not ideal? I also want.

Anyway, I have a perfect solution to restore your biological clock - don't sleep for 36 hours starting from a morning. Then you'll sleep like a pig for the next 12 hours and then restored power again on the 3rd day!

4:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

In town better than in some ulu place...like my office. Have lunch also got problem.

Congrats and good luck.

12:58 AM  
Blogger Zen|th said...

Ang Ku Kueh: Thanks a lot. Yep, an income is very much welcome!

Jayaxe: Hmm.. I think that'd work.

Mr Moron: I'm really into DOTA. Just play it from time to time. It's quite fun. Hahaha.

Lancerlord: Thanks so much! =)

10:04 AM  
Blogger Sheena said...

new job? congrats! tell me more abt it over msn!:)

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home