Sunday, September 11, 2005

Money Makes The World Go Round

The reason I haven't really been able to blog nowadays is because I've been busy. Busy working, that is. Starting next week, I won't be getting anymore allowance from my parents in the US.

You see, my brother's starting school and they need to use the money that they're sending me for his allowance. They expected me to find a job by now and were nagging me to quickly find one but I just told them to go ahead and cut my allowance off.

Since the pay from my banquet job is enough to sustain me, I didn't want to be a burden to them. Besides, I've been wanting to be more independent, so living by my own money is a good way to start. =)

Now I think I finally understand why they say, "Money makes the world go round".

Alright, gotta get some rest now. Good night.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ang Ku Kueh said...

yup! isn't it nice to not be dependent on parents anymore?heart also lighter...:)

5:40 PM  
Blogger MyOrangeSweater said...

Now you can proudly proclaim, "I feed myself!" Sorry, dunno your background very well, are you ever gonna return to the States?

8:54 PM  
Blogger Claris said...

still working in banquet? havent received any calls from us? hmmmm

10:02 PM  
Blogger Zen|th said...

Ang Ku Kueh: It's nice to be independent but then it's not easy earning money. =(

Lynne: I can't really say that cause I eat the food my uncle's house. Hahaha. Hmm.. I still don't know I'm going to return to the States.

Claris: Yep, still working there. I haven't recieved any calls probably because I didn't finish filling the form yet. =P

12:47 AM  
Blogger Pkchukiss said...

During the time of the year when all the JCs in Singapore were with their provisional intakes, I decided not to join them, and instead, found myself a assembly line job...

It turned out that I was the only Singaporean below 35 working there. In addition to that, I was the most O.T. crazy fellow there, sucking up almost every overtime job there was, including Sundays.

The most I have earned with all the O.Ts was around $1200. It felt good, even though I found myself bored to the extreme after the first few weeks.

My boss was very reluctant to let me leave when I finally had to go due to school starting in March! It really taught me plenty of stuff about the job landscape in Singapore...

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home