Friday, August 26, 2005

I Actually Can Turn Invisible

I just got back from work, dead beat. Today somehow, I was somehow made to work until 12am when I was only supposed to work until 8pm.

Right now I don't really mind because I've already got the money, but during the last few hours I was just dying to go home. I started working from 10am, that's why. Whenever I work as a banquet waiter the part of my body that kills me the most are my feet. When they ache, you can't do anything about it, unless you sit down (which is rare), and even if you stand it still doesn't go away. It's during times like that when you start to say to yourself, "Think about the money, think about the money". It's a good thing I found some new hiding places to rest the last time. Haha.

I don't really watch Channel U's Project Superstar but I have caught a few moments of it when I'm channel surfing. There's one thing about the fans watching in the studio that I don't get.

Why do they cover their faces with the banners that they wave?

If you truly support someone, you shouldn't be afraid to show your support for them even in front of other people. Don't tell me you're a fan but you only show your support when no one's watching. I might as well say, "I actually can turn invisible... but only when no one's watching."

Bah. It's all just another plot by Mediacorp to get you to part with your money. For me, I'd rather go to sleep.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jankliciouz said...

yeahh... in ur profession, it sure is heng that you even get to sit down. lol... wat to do, just for money sake, you'd just have to bear, bear, bear...



xoxo Jank

11:27 AM  
Blogger Ang Ku Kueh said...

hehehe....rather like bloggers who post their profile pics with their faces hidden eh?

1:54 PM  
Blogger MyOrangeSweater said...

Or pics that are photoshop-ed like crazy that nobody knows what the person looks like originally?

8:53 PM  
Blogger Kelvin said...

Kia Ora Zenith, from that krazy blogger down under in New Zealand.Sorry - when a person leaves a comment, you should be able to click on their name to bring up their blogger profile.Hopefully it will work this time. Check out www.skycity.co.nz as they have a few restaurants & a great view. Akso on my blog 21 21 21, theres a couple of restaurants. On the TV, when they hold the banner in front of their facem, they would of been told to do that especially if its got advertising on it. Take care & akk the best.

5:43 AM  
Blogger Zen|th said...

Jank: I guess that's the only way to get through the job. Haha.

Ang Ku Kueh: It's a bit different when you choose to be anonymous and when you show support for someone? By hiding their face on tv, it's like they're ashamed to be associated with the person that they support.

Lynne: I don't really get it why people do that. Photoshop a bit can already. There's no need to photoshop so much. It only makes you look uglier when they see you in person.

Kelvin: Sure, I'll check out your blog when I can. I'm quite busy nowadays though. =P

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home