Tuesday, January 09, 2007

2007 and Disciprine

Once again pardon the long absence of entries. Initially, I was writing an entry on New Year's Day about Saddam Hussein's execution but I found myself writing and wandering into more complicated issues like the death penalty and the justification of America's war in Iraq. But I got sleepy and distracted, so right now that entry is half written, in the drafts folder, which means it's unlikely that I'll complete it because that's what happened to all my other incomplete entries. Perhaps I'll get down to finishing those entries one day.

It's 9 days into the new year of 2007. I don't know if everyone made new year resolutions but if you did, I bet you've probably broken them by now. I certainly didn't make any. I've never had much of a thing for new year resolutions. I've always felt that if you sincerely wanted to make a change in your life, you wouldn't need an occasion to make that change.

To make that change, it all comes down to discipline. When I was younger, I never realized the value of self discipline until now. When you're a last minute person and procrastinator like me, you really need self discipline to push yourself get things done.

On the topic of discipline, here's something from South Park about discipline that I find really meaningful.





Disciprine aside, I really recommend watching South Park. There's usually a theme in every episode and creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker's imagination to come up with such hilarious crap while enforcing those themes is something I admire and enjoy.


Here's a clip from the episode "Miss Teacher Bangs A Boy".




And from "You Got F'd in the A".






Here's website with lots of South Park episodes. NICCCEEE~~.


-

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't bring myself to watch the clips.... although I have to admit I also badly need discipline in my life too. Not a big fan of South Park.

11:45 PM  
Blogger Zen|th said...

Mr Moron: You should try to see it. South Park isn't as bad as they make it out to be. Hahaha.

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home