Sunday, December 03, 2006

Weekend



I played 2 football matches on Saturday and Sunday. And both games got me pissed off.

The first game was with my former colleagues in DFS. It ended in a 1-1 draw and although I scored, what really pissed me off was that I missed 2 clear cut chances to win the game. I sort of twisted my ankle in a challenge early in the game and from then on I was playing in pain all the way. What added insult to injury really, was that the other team sucked. Real bad. They were probably around 20, much, much ayounger than our team (which probably had an average age of 34) and still, they couldn't outrun or outpass a group of old men.

The second game pissed me off too. Why? First, my ankle was still injured and I couldn't walk properly. Secondly, we lost 4-2 to a team that sucked real bad. Again. And once again, I was playing with old men against younger opponents. All my team mates had families already. The other team were a bunch of JC students which couldn't even pass the ball properly.

Honestly, when it comes to football, I really hate to lose. But then again, I guess when playing with team mates twice your age, defeat is something that's bound to occur more often.

-

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home