Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Boxing Day

I'm a little late, but nevertheless, Merry Christmas! =)

My Christmas was a nice and simple celebration with my super lovable girlfriend and her family. I like my celebrations like that. I'd rather have it with my close friends than a huge party with people that I hardly know. It's the people who you celebrate with that make it meaningful.


The Christmas spirit here in Singapore is rather lacking, don't you think? Of course for those of you who haven't spent Christmas anywhere else you wouldn't understand what I mean, but I'm sure for those who have, you'd agree with me.

What defines the Christmas spirit? Well, it's in the little things. Like looking someone in the eye with a warm sincere smile as you say, "Merry Christmas". Greeting and wishing random strangers while complaining how dreadful last minute Christmas shopping is.

Perhaps this guy sums it up better than I do.


"I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys."
- Charles Dickens



So once again, have a Merry Christmas everyone.

-

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home