Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Action and Disbelief

I went to watch Live Free or Die Hard yesterday. I'd been wanting to watch it ever since I saw the trailer and I have say, it was AWESOME.



No matter how good you are, it always helps to creep around corners.


It was everything that an action movie should be. It certainly got my adrenaline going and there scenes that were so explosive, I could hear people in theater gasping once the action scene was over. And not to mention, Mary Elizabeth Winstead was looking gorgeous as usual in the movie. Just remember though, that I saw her first. Haha.



"What good is a damsel if she's not in distress?"


But I don't want to spoil the movie for you, I won't say anything more except, simply leave reality behind and enjoy the movie. I give it a rating of 4.5 out of 5.

Talking about realism in movies, I'm sure everyone has heard this line, "That's so unrealistic, that would never happen in real life."

Sometimes I get a little annoyed when I hear that. It's because when I go watch a movie, I go there to be entertained and to escape reality for a little while. If I want to watch something realistic, I'll go watch a documentary on National Geographic. Don't go and watch an action movie and then say, "There's no way a car could flip like that in real life."

Going to the movies with uptight people who have no suspension of disbelief just ruins the whole experience.

.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger aar.n said...

It may be unrealistic but it's cool! Just watched the 2nd half of James Bond Die Another Day. The Aston Martin had stealth camouflage! Definitely fake but it was just too good! I wished I had that kind of technology!

8:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I watched it on a very very small screen :) but all the action made my eyes glue to the tiny screen throughout the entire movie. Real or unreal, what the heck. It's entertainment movie :)

12:06 AM  
Blogger Zen|th said...

aar.n: Sometimes it's the unrealism of the movie that makes it entertaining.

lancerlord: Exactly, it entertained, and that's what makes it a good movie.

2:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home